Cornish Thread

On a previous post I inquired as to what age it was evident/clear which sex an individual was. I'll ask it another way. Should roo wattles be clearly evident at 3 months of age? I have 3 that are showing blush around the eyes and the side at the beak, the combs look similar, coloring up a bit, not red, also variation in bulk, width and leg thickness. There is a swap coming up next weekend and it would be nice to sell any roos.
Thanks.

On a previous post I inquired as to what age it was evident/clear which sex an individual was. I'll ask it another way. Should roo wattles be clearly evident at 3 months of age? I have 3 that are showing blush around the eyes and the side at the beak, the combs look similar, coloring up a bit, not red, also variation in bulk, width and leg thickness. There is a swap coming up next weekend and it would be nice to sell any roos.
Thanks.
Until they get tail feathers, I don't know around here, as I've been wrong as many times as I've been right. Seems like the males are usually a little bigger and redder combed, and maybe a touch bigger in general-- but not always.

I grow everything out- and don't cull anything until they get old. Simplily can't tell enough about them until the end.

I have a BQ/SQ trio of bantam dark Cornish.
Here is one hen I will get more pictures in a bit. Opinions? oh and there has been a lot of breeding so there are some missing feathers lol

Have to post pics of my Cornish kids. They are about 11 weeks old in these shots. They are just hatchery stock, nothing superior, but they are docile with people and don't get into too much trouble with the other kids, though the cockerels do love to chest bump each other.
gig.gif

Pullet

Boys behaving badly...

Cockerel?

Pullet?

Family dinner.

Largest DC cockerel. He's second under the Barred Rock...for now.

My dark cock that got BEst of breed at a show last weekend.

5 year old hen, multiple champion and reserve champion winner

2011 hatch hen

2012 late hatch cockeral

Dark cock again

These are black Cornish I started raising and been working on few years ago. They do need some work but so far happy with them.

4 year old black hen

Late 2012 hatch black cockeral

Back
Top Bottom