Cornish Thread

Large fowl Cornish. I will offer a dozen eggs, a mix of White, Dark, and DC split for White, from these Cornish in the BST section soon.

Are you still selling white cornish eggs

Are you still selling white cornish eggs?

Last edited:
I have a friend headed up Interstate 95 to Philadelphia in a few weeks if anyone is interested in getting some of my birds to them.

I have available:

Large Fowl: SUPER whites, darks and blacks. I also have a buff project in the works if anyone wants to work on them with me.
Bantams: 2 mottled pairs, 1 spangled cockerel, plenty of top notch buffs, 3 super black cockerels ( I could pair them with blue hens ), 2 blue mottled x mottled pairs, several white pullets, and 2 trios of blue laced reds.

I am looking for white large fowl eggs do you have any forsale?

Since I promised an update with pictures- here is some showing the dark cock (year and half old), and some females that just happen to make the background.

Plan for next year is run my best white cockerel from this year's hatch with all my dark and blue laced red females. I think this is 2 of each.

Plan is to run this guy with my best three bodied white females, which I suspect will come from this year's hatches as well.

Those will be my two pens to hatch from. If you can't tell- I'm trying to turn the highly desired white color- into the body style of my dark birds; which I find is very appealing to me!

Will run all remaining white females with the old white cock. Prob will not hatch any eggs from them- but might offer them for sale.

I haven't shipped any hatching eggs in two years, have basically ignored all the requests. Think I'll have more time next year, and will resume helping get other people into this awesome breed. My other daily obstacles have been drastically reduced.

I have one cockerel left this year that has not sold yet. I believe a lady in IN has spoke for it, pending a picture I'm getting ready to send her. I have found the demand for these birds great this year- and have not butchered a single one.

Side note: I have some Brahmas from the big medicine blood that I would consider selling. They are really magnificent birds, but unfortunately with only a 3 pen coop-- I don't have the room for them. Nor do I have the ability to dedicate myself fully to two breeds. Pictures available. I sure hate having to sell these birds, but fortunately, I know a great place to get them again if I ever have the need!

I am looking for some white LF do you have that cockerel left of anything else thanks cory

I am looking for some white LF do you have that cockerel left of anything else thanks cory
The cockerel was not white- he was a dark. He has been sold to a lady in Indiana.

No whites for sale here, I might sell some hatching eggs next spring from them- contact me in April. However, I don't plan to make any 'straight' whites next year.

I did sort through birds this past week, and this year's crop looks really interesting.

Have 2 surprises that I'm try to mix into the breedings too. Both are half CX.

Hello all
I have been away from this site. However I have some Standard Cornish. I lost majority of my hatch from the spring. But want to breed my Dark Cockeral to WL Red hens. What color should I get.

Hello all
I have been away from this site. However I have some Standard Cornish. I lost majority of my hatch from the spring. But want to breed my Dark Cockeral to WL Red hens. What color should I get.
Depending on what it's the background of them- you'll get about half of each color to result.

But, once you breed each color offspring back to each other- they'll breed 'true'.

The WLR offspring will vary in color pattern- and it's likely that many will have black feathers here and there.

Been there, done that.

Hello all

Would depend to a degree on how well your birds are bred. A proper well bred white laced red should carry two copies of dominant white. Such a bird crossed to a dark would produce all one copy dominant white, white laced reds of somewhat mixed pattern between single and double laced, Looking somewhere between a white laced red and a jubilee.

Now if your white laced red only carries a single copy of dominant red only half the chicks will receive a copy, resulting in a split hatch of half white laced chicks, and half black trimmed chicks.

Breeding these single copy dominant white chicks back to each other should produce 50% one copy white laced chicks, 25% two copy white laced chicks, and 25% black laced(dark) chicks.

Breeding any resulting dark chicks together should produce 100% dark.

Last edited:
I have been looking for some Cornish eggs - I'd prefer white - so I can start breeding my own meat birds. Seems to be a hard breed to get. Even the hatcheries only have dark and red laced white and they aren't very big. Anyone able to help me out with where I can find some eggs from a decent flock?

Just found this thread. Here is my only dark Cornish, Diva. She is 9 months old.

Hello all, we have five Dark Cornish in our flock and we have had a couple go broody at 8 months. I have read some reviews on the breed and several people report they are good at hatching and raising babies. Can any of you share your experiences with broodies and hatching. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom