Cornish Thread

If one of the parents is recessive white, and the other a dark cornish, you can get black chicks.

All chicks from such a cross should be colored, unless the dark Cornish also carries a hidden single copy of recessive white. As to the chicks being black, that would be determined by what is hiding under the recessive white. You could get yellow chicks from such a cross if say it is silver columbian pattern under the recessive white, although I would expect some light back stripes to show from the pattern gene from the dark Cornish's double lacing.

All chicks from such a cross should be colored, unless the dark Cornish also carries a hidden single copy of recessive white. As to the chicks being black, that would be determined by what is hiding under the recessive white. You could get yellow chicks from such a cross if say it is silver columbian pattern under the recessive white, although I would expect some light back stripes to show from the pattern gene from the dark Cornish's double lacing.
And that's why cross breeding is so much fun!
big_smile.png
I can't wait to hatch some cross bred eggs.

lol. I can't Wait to get home and see the results first hand.I blew the pictures up and I'm fairly certAin the dark Cornish is a JG X DC cross. when I enlarged the pictures the legs look to have the dark coloration of the JG.

My wife told me she found Tyson dead in the pen. She said he had serious damage to his neck. Since I'm. not home I can't hazard a guess as to what happened. to him.I do know this,He didn't go down without a fight. I've got eggs in the incubator that he fertilized. He was slated for replacement,I hate that he went out this way

My wife told me she found Tyson dead in the pen. She said he had serious damage to his neck. Since I'm. not home I can't hazard a guess as to what happened. to him.I do know this,He didn't go down without a fight. I've got eggs in the incubator that he fertilized. He was slated for replacement,I hate that he went out this way
I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe its better this way. You do not have to cull him and he died on his own terms. Again I am sorry. I wish the best for your eggs. He may produce something better than himself.

Back
Top Bottom