Cornish Thread

Ralph,your subtle advice is gonna do me in. Just plugged the third incubator in. I emailed James Marie Farms,next week. I'm going to order 100 of their jumbo white recessive quail(A&M)

I was under the impression the Doms were lighter than barred rocks. Gonna have to do some more research
smile.png
i also prefer a rose comb. My Saipan x barred will be 4weeks old tomorrow,I will try and get a weight and pictures
In many/most cases the B rocks are larger, even heavier. For the last couple years or so, Cackle has has an 'expert' working with them specifically with the Doms and weight has been increased if overall size might not have been. Would/should make for a better hybrid.

Talk to Jeff Smith...General Manager of Cackle hatchery. I know only what my dad told me (hellbender). He talked to Jeff frequently and my partner and I are having 25 Dom pullets sent to our farm in Lexington KY.

Good luck with your project. I will be watching every move you show. WE may have to talk you out of some of your stock!!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I'm sure you have your reasons but I'd go with a great Dominique cock bird...for lots of reasons.  1.  They have the right type of comb.  2.  the Doms have more meat per pound than the Barred Rocks.  Why settle for more bone and feathers?  JMO
Doms are nice but Im working on making my own Cornish Rock so Im developing a sire based on cornish and hen based on rocks

Has anyone compared the growth rate of lf white cornish to the type crosses you're experimententing with? I have lf white and dark cornish. My whites are out growing the darks and my crosses.

Back
Top Bottom