cornish X?

Bug n Flock

Songster
Jun 13, 2015
We have several like this, came in a hatchery surprise box. Are these cornishX's? If so I will seperate them and start limiting the feed a bit more than I have been.

20190324_153917.jpg
20190324_153929.jpg

How would I know a Cornish X at this age? Mostly size or what? Very new to chickens, this mystery box has been a very very fun way to dive into breed identification. :)

I've never had any Cx, but since they are ready to "harvest" at a very young age, I'd suspect that they would be huge compared to others in your mystery box by they time they are feathered. More experienced replies might help more than me though... If sent by a hatchery, I don't think they would put meat birds in a package with other breeds, due to their special needs and short life span.

The mystery box we got could have had anything in it-they even sent 2 heritage turkey poults and 3 pekin ducklings. The literature sent with included care info for all classes of poultry they hatch(hatchery surprise box from Cackle).

The largest bird currently I think is this one(but it is hard to tell the biggest sometimes). I think it is a light brahma(?)

20190321_135928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom