Coronation Sussex Thread!

Wow George is so handsome!  We have a beautiful boy named Prince Peter - only two ladies for him and they are not Coronation sadly.  I'm hoping to get some chicks or eggs in the spring!

Thanks, yes King George is one good looking rooster! I hope you can find some nice coro girls. The babies really are quite special.

We have some grey neck feathers just starting to sprout!!!!

We thought we had a pair, but now leaning towards two males :( One will have a home no matter what, fingers crossed for a pair still.

We have some grey neck feathers just starting to sprout!!!! We thought we had a pair, but now leaning towards two males :( One will have a home no matter what, fingers crossed for a pair still.
Ben, I would say the littlest of them is definately a male. I will go through and see if I can find any pics of mine at this age. For now these are all I can find.

I think those two might both be males as well...

Here's Hatake, my Coro Sussex (and her GLW sister...), at eight-and-a-half weeks old.
smile.png

Right after fluffing herself up:

Last edited:
Look at the comb comparison :(

DOes anyone out there have an idea of the split ratio when breeding Coro over LS? Is it generally 50/50?

I'm not real good at genetics,but I think it is more like 25% LS ( columbian ) , 25% coro, ( lavender ) and 50% heterozygous , LS / coro splits. I'm hoping to talk to Phil Evans in the new year, I will pick his brains.
Have you tried using the chicken colour calculator ?

Back
Top Bottom