Coronation vs. Light Sussex

BeardedLadyFarm

Songster
10 Years
May 31, 2009
Cobleskill NY
If I'm seeing any black marking on chicks at about 3 weeks, these will be my lights or splits, correct?

Or do Coronations start with some black markings as well? I'm seeing some black on the tail and the wing on all but 2, and I'm trying to clear out all but the Coronations before the next batch hatches!

Thanks!

No black on the Coronation at all.

I am about to hatch my first batch from a Coronation rooster with spit hens. I was wondering how old they would be before I could tell what they will be.

As I suspected...

Looks like my 25% chance of getting splits, is more like a 75% chance! At least I still have 2 that are looking free of black! (Now they'll be probably be boys
wink.png
)

They were shipped eggs. I thought all coro Roos and about 1/4 split hens and 3/4 coro hens.

I know is have to hatch 1000 birds for the odds to work properly... 7 isn't much of a sample size.

Quote:
Could you PM me and let me know where your eggs are from? I just set three batches of shipped Coronation and splits. Would be interesting to compare %'s.

Thanks.

Quote:
Could you PM me and let me know where your eggs are from? I just set three batches of shipped Coronation and splits. Would be interesting to compare %'s.

Thanks.

I'll have to find out details. My friend gave me the chicks after she hatched them. I have more from another seller in the incubator now! (and I think a third batch on the way)

Back
Top Bottom