Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

SnapdragonQ

It's coffee o'clock!
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Feb 2, 2020
VA
DD is good - no test results, yet. She couldn't get the fast one, but I'm sure she's good. If she had something, I would have it already, and I'm clear.
I'll double check the kiln, but it's currently buried in the far back of my outdoor workshop - and it's a mess! May be the weekend before I can "find" that corner again.
In the meantime - I just got the call from my Post Office - my babeez are in! Supposed to be four EE bantam babies. Hopefully all four of these are alive and healthy, this time!
Fingers crossed!
No rush for me, I was curious about the type and if my house could handle it. :D
And YAY!! Bahbeez!!
I liked when Michael Phelps was involved... he’s a beast!
I did watch that one and it was good. More science, less celebrity.
I've never had cable to watch shark week. Which is a shame. I'm a sucker for animal pseudo science stories (I mean, the real science kind too, but I love a good animal narrative) and Shark Week would be right up my alley. XD

As it stands I'm just going to have to stick to my dinosaur/prehistoric animal-based sci-fi video game. :p I can tame Megalodons in that and ride on them. Maybe I'll tame one in honor of shark week. Start naming them after BYC shark week enthusiasts.
I'll bet you can find episodes on Disc. Channel, NatGeo, and Youtube.
Well worth the effort to find I think and they've done some good science based shows on Megalodon, when they went extinct, and why. Just seeing the teeth is amazing.

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Premium Feather Member
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
No rush for me, I was curious about the type and if my house could handle it. :D
And YAY!! Bahbeez!!

I did watch that one and it was good. More science, less celebrity.

I'll bet you can find episodes on Disc. Channel, NatGeo, and Youtube.
Well worth the effort to find I think and they've done some good science based shows on Megalodon, when they went extinct, and why. Just seeing the teeth is amazing.
Michael Phelps truly wanted to know how fast a shark is compared to him. Most celebrities just go on there to become someone again.

ChocolateMouse

Free Ranging
7 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Cleveland OH
I had some incredible luck and success today! :D
Barring a few scattered clay bricks on the edges, this trunk of our car is full of vintage depression era firebricks someone had lying about in their back yard. We got these for free today off of craigslist. Most of them that were manufactures in the 1930's, many of them in Ohio, PA and some from Louisville and others. Turns out there were a lot of firebrick manufacturers at the time. A lot of them are cracked, but many of them are whole and even relatively clean and the cracked ones can be mortared.

Ignoring broken/vintage/condition etc this is probably $150+ of firebricks and I'm absolutely THRILLED. He had other bricks for free too but we were out of room so we just stacked most of them to the side for him because they were largely in an ugly hard to move pile.

Attachments

MROO

Enabler
Feb 26, 2018
The North-Eastern Corner of Maryland
I had some incredible luck and success today! :D
Barring a few scattered clay bricks on the edges, this trunk of our car is full of vintage depression era firebricks someone had lying about in their back yard. We got these for free today off of craigslist. Most of them that were manufactures in the 1930's, many of them in Ohio, PA and some from Louisville and others. Turns out there were a lot of firebrick manufacturers at the time. A lot of them are cracked, but many of them are whole and even relatively clean and the cracked ones can be mortared.

Ignoring broken/vintage/condition etc this is probably $150+ of firebricks and I'm absolutely THRILLED. He had other bricks for free too but we were out of room so we just stacked most of them to the side for him because they were largely in an ugly hard to move pile.
Do I smell an article brewing? You REALLY need to document this process!
CONGRATS!

ChocolateMouse

Free Ranging
7 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Cleveland OH
Thanks! I probably will! :D And what it takes to use it also.

Better get me some more firewood next...! Gonna put my partners Impala (car he inherited from his dad) through its paces this month.... If I set the firewood out on sunny days and then under the awning when it rains it should dry fast enough to use over the winter. Double especially if I dry it around the edge of my firepit when we use it. Else I may just order a half cord.

Gears are turning for sure. I need to get these bricks clean and dry so I'm going to empty them onto a tarp later tonight and tomorrow I will start washing the dirt off of them. Then they sit in the sun for a while because they've been in wet dirt for years. And maybe I throw them into my firepit when I'm grilling to aid the process along. Toast a few bricks along with some chickens and rabbits and vegetables. XD

Also considering how to put in a door for using it as a pizza oven. :drool Nomnomnom....

electrycmonk

Crowing
Aug 8, 2019
caught in 'Denton vortex', Tx
My Coop
I've never had cable to watch shark week. Which is a shame. I'm a sucker for animal pseudo science stories (I mean, the real science kind too, but I love a good animal narrative) and Shark Week would be right up my alley. XD

As it stands I'm just going to have to stick to my dinosaur/prehistoric animal-based sci-fi video game. :p I can tame Megalodons in that and ride on them. Maybe I'll tame one in honor of shark week. Start naming them after BYC shark week enthusiasts.
Well, I remember enjoying the 1st couple years of the original shark weeks while in college - watching in the dorms in the TV louge with several fellow g33kie friends.

Fond memories. Thanks y'all.
When we moved out here and didn't continue the cable account it's been a while new experience. Yeah we have TV's..... Antenna only.

electrycmonk

Crowing
Aug 8, 2019
caught in 'Denton vortex', Tx
My Coop
Just picked up a huge box of heirloom tomatoes and a watermelon at the farm stand and the owner gave me a cantaloupe for free. I paid $30 for all of it! It’s all organic too!!!

I’m making more tomato chips now. I’m really learning how to preserve food since this virus hit!
Would love to ask if you'd consider a foodie thread to show before & after of some, ermm most.... (Wishfully thinking "all"?).

Have fun!

Top Bottom