Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Test was negative. I had to... call... the Drs office. The guy that answered says, yes, it's right here, can I read it to you? Well yes! I couldn't stop coughing while on the phone with him. Really upsets me that they didn't call. People are waiting for results. 🤨 This has been the worst flu bug I've had in a long time. Headache to start, then a real bad sore throat, then a real stuffy nose, then a fever that didn't last long, then came back even higher..then sore muscles where I've never had sore muscles....then the cough! It's horrible. Still coughing. Can't take a breath in too far without it starting. I call it my coughing fits. I'm pretty tired...worn out. Hopefully the test was right and I won't have any residual effects in my lungs like I'm hearing folks are with the virus.. Heart too. This has been crazy, still is. Mad at my Drs office. :(. Still coughing today. Miserable stuff. Baby and son are coughing coughing now too. Not nearly as bad as this old lady. I've felt like I was going to break a rib at times. Glad that's settled down some.
Have you tried honey and lemon in hot tea. Get a raw honey 🍯 I know many people who do this and it suppresses the cough. You can also give the kids the honey in their drink. It truly helps a lot. Soak in an Epsom salt bath too so you can help your soreness.

I hope that you get better soon:hugs

@cheepteach did your daughter eat the watermelon jerky?

I had my candy loving friends try it and they said it was amazing. They also said it tastes like watermelon caramel.
yes! I took it for granddaughter's birthday pizza dinner and most everyone liked it! Will try more fruits. Peaches next--do you peel them first?

yes! I took it for granddaughter's birthday pizza dinner and most everyone liked it! Will try more fruits. Peaches next--do you peel them first?
I don’t because you eat the skin when you eat them fresh. Make sure to soak the peach slices in lemon juice before you put them in the dehydrator so that they don’t get discolored

I like to peel my fruits if they are going to be for snacking on because the skins get very leathery. If I am going to use them in the future to make a cooked dish, like a cobbler or pie, then I leave the skins.
However I'm a fan of peeled apples, peaches, and pears when they are fresh, and oddly enough, with a good scrubbing... usually leave the skins on carrots, small zucchini, and potatoes.

I like to peel my fruits if they are going to be for snacking on because the skins get very leathery. If I am going to use them in the future to make a cooked dish, like a cobbler or pie, then I leave the skins.
However I'm a fan of peeled apples, peaches, and pears when they are fresh, and oddly enough, with a good scrubbing... usually leave the skins on carrots, small zucchini, and potatoes.
we usually grate and freeze our zucchini--never tried drying it

Back
Top Bottom