Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

swamp2.png

There. I think my players will be happy enough with that. Since we can't really meet in person, I feel compelled to do extra like give strong visuals for our group. The online interfaces are clunky, so we might as well have something positive about doing it online.

My pottery glazes showed up yesterday. Still waiting on the rest of the equipment but that's fine. I have barely even begun to clean up those bricks.

Went to the dermatologist this morning and had a bleeding lesion behind my left ear removed. In speaking of Covid19 he feels that here in NJ now things are no longer at panic level due to response of our governor and responsible state citizens. His wife will be homeschooling their children this year, but he realizes that not all people can do so. He has great uncertainty about a ready resolution to this problem. It was good to speak with someone who is not an extremist in either direction.

ny and new jersey had it really bad early on--but knuckleheads are gonna screw it up all over again

'Knuckleheads' and 'jackasses' - two of Murphy's favorite words. I don't agree with all of his politics, but he has been diligent in addressing the Covid situation. Indoor dining and health clubs are about to open with proper precautions. Still there are daily reports of large gatherings being busted where there are too many folks and no precautions being taken. To some folks it still isn't real until it hits close to home.

'Knuckleheads' and 'jackasses' - two of Murphy's favorite words. I don't agree with all of his politics, but he has been diligent in addressing the Covid situation. Indoor dining and health clubs are about to open with proper precautions. Still there are daily reports of large gatherings being busted where there are too many folks and no precautions being taken. To some folks it still isn't real until it hits close to home.
All we want is for leaders to get a handle on problems and fix them. Otherwise, vote the gutless scum bums out.
If they can't fix things, they aren't the leaders we need.

Last edited:
Indoor dining has been open for months where I live. ;_;
There's a specific restaurant "group" (all owned by the same guy) that has been suing the state and several others in its leadership constantly including people who aren't even in charge of making those choices. They refuse to practice social distancing or enforce proper masking in their facilities. They have like 10+ pending lawsuits and while a lawsuit is pending and a legal decision is pending they're arguing that they're allowed to keep refusing to comply with state policy. Not to mention our cases started to go down just a WEE bit in may, then everything opened back up immediately and they spiked again.
Our governor has been really wishy-washy, coming down hard in the beginning and then flopping like a fish after that. He's been losing all his major advisors who don't wanna be associated with failing to control the virus anymore. He'll proclaim he's making a major announcement at a press conference, then not make a major announcement, then later quietly sign in a policy a week later that he was probably going to announce that day but faced backlash for and chickened out on - but is actually important for the state. It definitely gives me a lack of confidence in our leadership. All around we're probably going to be pretty middle of the pack in how well it was handled but that's not much of a consolation prize when the bar is so low and people are dying.

View attachment 2294177

There. I think my players will be happy enough with that. Since we can't really meet in person, I feel compelled to do extra like give strong visuals for our group. The online interfaces are clunky, so we might as well have something positive about doing it online.

My pottery glazes showed up yesterday. Still waiting on the rest of the equipment but that's fine. I have barely even begun to clean up those bricks.
Beautiful picture!
Man, I wish I was that good at drawing stuff like that....

Back
Top Bottom