Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I bet it does feel like that. We keep getting overhyped reports of how the vaccine has substantial side effects (and for some people they really are, throwing up for 2 days is no joke) but my understanding is it's actually mostly injection site soreness for most people. Do you usually have reactions to the flu shot?

Never have had reaction to any vaccine, at least not that I remember. And boy do they vaccinate us like crazy here in Mexico. My brother went to the US to do his masters degree (way before the pandemic) and the university asked him for his vaccine card (he misplaced it) so they tested him to see what he might be missing and they were in awe at how many things he was actually protected against (don't know how they tested him, but that's what he told me).

I'm calm in the scene that my age group in my country has to wait for the vaccine. Heard people, that come as tourists here talk about people dying in Mexico city after they take the shot, and these are humble hardworking people that really don't know how to use smart phones of social media or video cameras etc... I'm pro traditional vaccines, if I were to get a covid vaccine, in truth I'd rather go for the one they are still developing in Canada, that's not new tech, but is still the old principle of putting an inactive virus inside; don't feel safe trusting in a new tech vaccine that is having it's test run on the world population.
And there's another thing that just seems off; they argue that they want to put the covid vaccine on all the high risk people first, shouldn't children be the first ones...? vaccines are usually administered on children because they don't have a seasoned immune system... Haven't seen statistics on children covid patients world wide, but I guess they don't get sick or not as much because there haven't been any mainstream news about kids dying of covid... Thought they'd be the most in danger...

In a town in Mexico
Here's how to add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1611494826944.png

I got a award from work
DW had to be funny, put it on the fridge, took a pic, had ready to post on FB "kids 'all virtual learning' haven't had anything, awards to put on the fridge, but Daddy has"
Don't you dare post that :mad:

She should have posted it. :lau

I got Chicken Pox twice in my youth.1st time I was ~9-10y/o... 2nd time I was ~12 iirc? both ichy as all get out. (smirks) to use a phrase from my Better-half to describe me back then: "I was a hot mess." during both events.

and how has that changed?

Here's how to add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2500892

Thanks hadn't seen that.

BTW have any of you seen the nurse in NY that talks about that they are killing people. Didn't seem like a fake video to me, and I know of this happening as well over here, tones as people even going in for something unrelated, suddenly being told they have covid and within a few days not coming back out alive. And since the virus is "dangerous" autopsies are not allowed, I know the government in the US seemed less corrupt than for example here in Mexico, but here no one really trusts in the government and specially not the lower classes because they actually have been victims of tones of thing. Middle class working people believe our goverment isn't THAT corrupt because they live in an "American dream" fantasy induced coma, with all the distractors being commodities of a "first world" lore.

Thanks hadn't seen that.

BTW have any of you seen the nurse in NY that talks about that they are killing people. Didn't seem like a fake video to me, and I know of this happening as well over here, tones as people even going in for something unrelated, suddenly being told they have covid and within a few days not coming back out alive. And since the virus is "dangerous" autopsies are not allowed, I know the government in the US seemed less corrupt than for example here in Mexico, but here no one really trusts in the government and specially not the lower classes because they actually have been victims of tones of thing. Middle class working people believe our goverment isn't THAT corrupt because they live in an "American dream" fantasy induced coma, with all the distractors being commodities of a "first world" lore.

That video is heart breaking. Negligence or evil.

Last edited:

Haven't ever consumed drugs in my life, wouldn't try it, but it is interesting, because again if there's one plant that might help, I'm sure there are dozens that can help too.
Here in Mexico there's a nut (or at least I'd consider it a sort of nut) that's called guaje cirial; it's been known for decades since the precolonization times to produce a tonic for the respiratory system that's very effective (so much so you take it and guaranteed that in several years you won't get a cold or flu; talking from first hand experience). Doesn't have any hallucinogenic properties or the like, you just make an opening on the top, loosen the black seeds it has inside a bit, pour sherry in it and allow it to rest for the night; the next morning you drain it through a sieve and drink a bit of it (like a shots worth) in the morning before meals for about seven days. The tonic lasts a while in the fridge and the nut can be used two more times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crescentia_alata

Haven't ever consumed drugs in my life, wouldn't try it, but it is interesting, because again if there's one plant that might help, I'm sure there are dozens that can help too.
Here in Mexico there's a nut (or at least I'd consider it a sort of nut) that's called guaje cirial; it's been known for decades since the precolonization times to produce a tonic for the respiratory system that's very effective (so much so you take it and guaranteed that in several years you won't get a cold or flu; talking from first hand experience). Doesn't have any hallucinogenic properties or the like, you just make an opening on the top, loosen the black seeds it has inside a bit, pour sherry in it and allow it to rest for the night; the next morning you drain it through a sieve and drink a bit of it (like a shots worth) in the morning before meals for about seven days. The tonic lasts a while in the fridge and the nut can be used two more times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crescentia_alata

Wow! Thank you for sharing this. I am a plant nut. Fascinating.

What RFK accomplished in his life has sweet nothing to do with Covid in any way nor does it transfer in any way to anyone else. His son, meanwhile, has been a cruisading anti-vaxxer for decades. In truth, it's what we know him for.

As for Hank Aaron dying, it's sad to see it pulled into the politics of science v sensationalism. At 86 there's a very substantial chance he died of being 86. We could simply honor him for his life achievements and wish him a rest in peace.
In a town in Mexico, it has 33000 inhabitants more or less, more a city than a small town really.
yes I have heard it is very bad in Mexico. My sister lives in Belize. I havea trip there scheduled but am hesitant to go. The borders are still closed and only tourist are allow to fly in and out with a neg test.

Back
Top Bottom