Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

A while back, I said I am happy with the medical community's response to the pandemic, and that remains mostly true. However, the news today is concerning. The CDC and FDA have decided to "pause" the J&J vaccine, seemingly due to the 6 cases of rare blood clot disorders that have occurred. 6 out of 6.8 million safe vaccinations seems like an over-reaction.

Consider the fact that approximately 1 in 1,000 women develop blood clots, per year, from taking birth control pills. Yet birth control pills are not being paused.

I appreciate the CDC and FDA being super-cautious about vaccine safety; but I worry that the reputational damage to the J&J vaccine specfically, and perhaps to all vaccines generally, will be difficult to overcome even after they determine the vaccine is fine (which I believe they will).

(As an aside, someone said a while back that the "mainstream news" will never tell you the truth about these things. This J&J vaccine pause due to safety concerns is ALL OVER the mainstream media this morning.)

If masks make a difference IMHO the government shouldn't be forcing people to stay in their homes that have no symptoms.
I understand your feelings on this subject because it does seems unfair but you have to remember there’s asymptomatic cases or cases where people have only very mild symptoms and don’t think they’re sick. I think the government is more concerned about who you see and where you go not while not wearing a mask. I agree they should have some sort of better protocol for folks in your situation (I’ve been there too) because even though they’re not actually forcing you to stay home it still seems unfair if you’ve tested negative and have no symptoms, and all that unfairness does is make people more distrustful of the government’s response to the virus.

For example when I was potentially exposed at work and placed into quarantine even though I tested negative twice I was told I could not take a test to get out of quarantine, so I didn’t get to go back to work until it was over.
the government should agree
That’ll be the day ;) I think we on BYC will all come to an agreement on vaccines long before the government agrees about anything important.

Thanks, Winter Creek. Do you see where this was brought up previously in the thread (just a few posts above yours). The source you used is excellent, IMO.

What's interesting is there are groups and individuals who truly believe the vaccines are an effort to depopulate the planet. I would hope that this pause of the J&J vaccine for safety reasons would be sufficient to put that myth to rest once and for all. Same with the Gates 'microchip' myth - if this were all about planting chips in people in order to control them, why bother stopping a successful brand of the vaccine?

Thanks, Winter Creek. Do you see where this was brought up previously in the thread (just a few posts above yours). The source you used is excellent, IMO.

What's interesting is there are groups and individuals who truly believe the vaccines are an effort to depopulate the planet. I would hope that this pause of the J&J vaccine for safety reasons would be sufficient to put that myth to rest once and for all. Same with the Gates 'microchip' myth - if this were all about planting chips in people in order to control them, why bother stopping a successful brand of the vaccine?

Well, maybe “they” are torpedoing the J&J vaxx because its the only one that’s not a mind control cocktail...

So "they" gave 6.8 million people a pass on being chipped so far? Why did "they" allow so many people to get the unchipped vaccine all this time? Oh! I bet "they" told all their friends and family to hurry up and get the J&J vaccine so they will be unchipped but still get protection from covid. After all their loved ones get the "good" vaccine, they pull it from the market so everyone else is forced to get the microchips. Brilliant!

Too bad the rest of us poor slubs naively bared our arms for the microchipped versions, Pfizer and Moderna. I've been noticing an odd compulsion to buy more Microsoft products, now that you mention it ....

Well, maybe “they” are torpedoing the J&J vaxx because its the only one that’s not a mind control cocktail...
I wonder if the pharma that makes the expensive vaccines = make a large profit are behind this ‘scaring the people’. (Just an idea that popped).

Chances getting this rare kind of thrombosis from a J&J vaccination for everyone over 30 is much smaller then getting severe ill from Covid. If “they” want yo be safe they could say it’s a good vaccine for men above 30 and woman over 50. Let the people decide if they prefer another vaccine at a later moment on the basis of good information.

ps I was confused bc we had this discussion about the AZ vaccin. It seems that the risk on thromboses are very similar to JJ.

Last edited:
So "they" gave 6.8 million people a pass on being chipped so far? Why did "they" allow so many people to get the unchipped vaccine all this time? Oh! I bet "they" told all their friends and family to hurry up and get the J&J vaccine so they will be unchipped but still get protection from covid. After all their loved ones get the "good" vaccine, they pull it from the market so everyone else is forced to get the microchips. Brilliant!

Too bad the rest of us poor slubs naively bared our arms for the microchipped versions, Pfizer and Moderna. I've been noticing an odd compulsion to buy more Microsoft products, now that you mention it ....

Shhhhhh. They are listening.

Back
Top Bottom