Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

So after a couple of weeks having a asthma flair-up, because I got into mold an poison ivey dust (stupid!), I had a C-19 test last week. Positive! So now at home hiding out for two weeks, fortunately not super sick, and family and friends, also all vaccinated, testing negative so far.
I was wearing N95 face masks, most, but not all the time, and found a way to meet the wrong person somewhere. So much for being careful some of the time!!!
Keep wearing those facemasks!!!
Vaccinated six months ago, apparently not as good as it was. Ready for a booster? You bet!
Mary

Given my double jeopardy of damaged lungs from the navy & a body that’s very sensitive to med’s…. Doc & my Better-Half agreed that I’d wait until after June was over before we planned for me to get the jab.

So, had my annual last Friday and got my first round afterwards about noon. No real surprises as to what side effects I experienced. Shoulder got tender as the evening progressed. Then became “sore” like a workout that went to long.

Saturday awoke with a stable sweating just laying in bed. Kept up the sweating until bedtime (a little after midnight.

neck and shoulders tensed up like a big ole wet knot overnight into Saturday morning. So the Range of Motion for my neck to rotate side to side was about 15-20* left or right of center. Was still a wet knot all day Sunday but, the pain was down to dull roar all day from about a 6 (out of 10) on Saturday. Monday it was still very stiff but, pain was about a 1. Just enough to be annoying!

appetite was reduced some over the 1st 3-4 days but, nothing big.

as it’s now 1:56AM Friday I’m almost done with day 6 and feel about “normal” now.

I still mask anytime I’m near people: going into a store or around folks at the gas pumps….

our local sheriff is a serious tool. His ego has now put a bunch (~40% over the last month iirc) of his staff in quarantine because he said his “Dept was mask free”. I believe I read somewhere local that he even lost a deputy or staff member to covid last week too.

oh the embarrassment of living in Tejas…….

@electrycmonk we do what we have to do. Hopefully second shot will have less of a reaction. Can't you just feel those antibodies developing? Vaccinated here and getting the booster as soon as it is available. Still masking and social distancing as are many here in NJ. TSC has mandated masks for all personnel but not for customers at the present time.

It's a coronavirus, folks, they mutate rapidly.

So after a couple of weeks having a asthma flair-up, because I got into mold an poison ivey dust (stupid!), I had a C-19 test last week. Positive! So now at home hiding out for two weeks, fortunately not super sick, and family and friends, also all vaccinated, testing negative so far.
I was wearing N95 face masks, most, but not all the time, and found a way to meet the wrong person somewhere. So much for being careful some of the time!!!
Keep wearing those facemasks!!!
Vaccinated six months ago, apparently not as good as it was. Ready for a booster? You bet!
Mary
I'm so sorry to hear you tested positive. I pray your symptoms stay mild. Try to sleep in an upright position as much as you can, so the covid doesn't settle in your lungs. Get rest and drink lots of fluids.

@electrycmonk we do what we have to do. Hopefully second shot will have less of a reaction. Can't you just feel those antibodies developing? Vaccinated here and getting the booster as soon as it is available. Still masking and social distancing as are many here in NJ. TSC has mandated masks for all personnel but not for customers at the present time.

It's a coronavirus, folks, they mutate rapidly.
I'm waiting to see if they ok the booster. If so, I'm all for it. Utah is having a hard time. So many dieing. :(. Of course all unvaccinated. Now children are getting it. I heard that Ohio is having to put children on ventilators because they got so sick. Ohio is having a huge spike. I haven't read past posts, maybe I'm repeating. Anyway, I mask up now..again. New that was coming ..come fall. But man, this varient! Not seeing a whole lot of masks. :(

An anti viral. Now wouldn't that be something? We could kick so many bugs that come along in the winter! Sore throat? Not strep? Wait, you're in luck! We now have an anti viral shot. Tough one to kick. Guess they've been working on it for years. I think they've stepped it up a bit here lately. 😉

Back
Top Bottom