Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I agree @sourland. The vaccine isn't a cure all but it's the best defense available right now. I am so looking forward to getting the booster shot when it is available. I'm also looking forward to getting my annual high dose flu shot soon. DD and I still social distance and mask up in stores and when there are any crowds at all. She is very concerned about this new variant mu. I think it's best to always be prepared for another shut down. You just never know. So sorry for the loss of your co worker @Beer can.

No vaccine is 100% effective! And I'm alive because i had it six months ago, so a milder case, with big asthma flairup, not the ICU and ventilator. Plan to get that influenza vaccine, as usual, and the C-19 booster too.
Mary
Mary, So sorry you got sick, I didn't know! Glad to hear you're getting better. :hugs

Had a first death of someone close to me from covid. Worked with him for 18 years, he's worked here 35.
Over a week ago heard he was out, hospitalized for covid was bad prob not make it just first day then doing better. This Sat heard he was doing great.
I have sun mon tue off, wed heard he took a turn for the worst and could no longer breathe on his own. This morn he passed.
He was vaccinated.
I am sorry for your loss

It may have been noted already but what strikes me the most about this disease is of all the symptoms, the profound weakness stands out. Everyone I have cared for seems to be weak as a kitten. A patient will feel better, SpO2 looks good and they reach down to pull up their sheets and they "de-sat' (drop their O2 saturation levels). It's especially hard on the guys who are used to "Bulling" their way through a problem.
I try to explain that the body burns fuel and air much like a fire or an engine. If they have pneumonia, it is like starving the fire of air. Or, having an engine on choke.

I can’t really talk much about it, but a coworker was forced to work with COVID symptoms on Saturday. We work in very close proximity as it’s the nature of the job. Most people at work are vaccinated, including me, but at least 2 or 3 that I know have are unable to get vaccinated for medical reasons. We’ve all worked through the pandemic and made it this far. I’m pissed off that this coworker’s symptoms weren’t taken seriously and we may now all be finally exposed. Meh.

I can’t really talk much about it, but a coworker was forced to work with COVID symptoms on Saturday. We work in very close proximity as it’s the nature of the job. Most people at work are vaccinated, including me, but at least 2 or 3 that I know have are unable to get vaccinated for medical reasons. We’ve all worked through the pandemic and made it this far. I’m pissed off that this coworker’s symptoms weren’t taken seriously and we may now all be finally exposed. Meh.
Sorry you might have been expelled. But there is one thing I didn’t understand.
What medical reason makes it impossible that a person can get to work and can’t get a vaccination?

Back
Top Bottom