Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I wasn't referring to the thread, but the convo that I was having with ninja squirrel. None of what I posted pertains to how its affected me. I shouldn't have jumped into this thread to begin with. Even my initial comment was not about how the pandemic has affected me. ✌
You jump in anywhere you want. All the stories and even the arguments add to the big picture. I believe it's when we try to shut each other down we have problems. :love

I wasn't referring to the thread, but the convo that I was having with ninja squirrel. None of what I posted pertains to how its affected me. I shouldn't have jumped into this thread to begin with. Even my initial comment was not about how the pandemic has affected me. ✌
It is in the random ramblings section - this is the place for drifting.

At 2400 pages, it has already drifted in so many ways that it has morphed into a wider topic.

I’m curious how you got your hands on Ivermectin for humans if your doc was not allowed to discuss it with you (and presumably also forbidden from prescribing it)?
There is a Covid clinic for long haulers about 70 miles from me that is now prescribing it. They say that it is helping those with long term effects from having covid. The theory is that we still have tiny particles of the infection in our bodies and that the Ivermectin gathers those particles and neutralizes them.

With that said one of my co-workers went to the clinic and got the medication. She still have symptoms almost a year after catching it. She took the dosage and within 4 days all symptoms were gone. She gave me a link to order online. It's from an over seas company. Took a bit to get here and was a bit spendy, but I did receive it. I have yet to take it though. I'm a bit nervous with all the controversy over it.

There is a Covid clinic for long haulers about 70 miles from me that is now prescribing it. They say that it is helping those with long term effects from having covid. The theory is that we still have tiny particles of the infection in our bodies and that the Ivermectin gathers those particles and neutralizes them.

With that said one of my co-workers went to the clinic and got the medication. She still have symptoms almost a year after catching it. She took the dosage and within 4 days all symptoms were gone. She gave me a link to order online. It's from an over seas company. Took a bit to get here and was a bit spendy, but I did receive it. I have yet to take it though. I'm a bit nervous with all the controversy over it.
This may be a good starting point if you want to start learning about Ivermectin. It was published before 2019.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

I don't think it is a miracle drug for covid; just one of several choices for one of the elements for effectively treating covid. There are about five main elements. I would add a few minor elements to that.

This may be a good starting point if you want to start learning about Ivermectin. It was published before 2019.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

I don't think it is a miracle drug for covid; just one of several choices for one of the elements for effectively treating covid. There are about five main elements. I would add a few minor elements to that.
The good news is I heard a doctor of infectious disease say on the news this morning that "the worst of covid is behind us. We now have the vaccine and treatments to prevent and cure severe illness". Of course he went on to say that if everyone would just get vaccinated itd be over completely. Not to be political at all but shooting for 100 percent vaccinated is just not possible. Some people cant take it for medical reasons and I strongly believe that it does those people an injustice to impose severe mandates on them like requiring tests biweekly on their own dime and time (chicago is doing this to their police force)

We survived the virus, I've worked everyday through this behind a counter and my wife went shopping and brings it home to us. I had to fight her for a week to get her to the doctor she had pneumonia from it and is still weak but doing a lot better. It just knocked me down for about a week before I got through it but am still trying to get back to normal.

In the interest of staying on topic: my only surviving grandparent could not attend my wedding due to Covid concerns. In addition my husband and I did not get to have our honeymoon due to Covid. We wanted to go to either Japan or Ireland. Japan wont let you in and Ireland requires a quarantine and a negative PCR test. As such we are waiting until next year to take our honeymoon but I'm worried that it wont happen even then due to Covid. Other than that it hasnt really effected me. I'm pretty sure I've had it twice. My sister had it in january of last year and my brother and his family has had it twice. My fully vaccinated step mother wears a mask all the time and takes great precautions...still caught it. I know 2 people who have died from it but they were from my husbands work so I didnt really know them well.

Back
Top Bottom