Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Or dead, only 738,000 in the USA so far so this can't be a very concerning virus. Of course those people won't get it again, those that live can. And they can suffer from "Long Covid" for months or potentially forever.

That seems to be the pattern. Don't care, don't get vaccinated, don't take precautions. There is a reason the number of cases in Orleans county, VT have a much higher case rate per capita than the more vaccinated parts of the state.

Those that do care are more likely to be both vaccinated and cautious.
Well if I am dead guess I can’t spread it any more. Living is risky business.

Or dead, only 738,000 in the USA so far so this can't be a very concerning virus. Of course those people won't get it again, those that live can. And they can suffer from "Long Covid" for months or potentially forever.

That seems to be the pattern. Don't care, don't get vaccinated, don't take precautions. There is a reason the number of cases in Orleans county, VT have a much higher case rate per capita than the more vaccinated parts of the state.

Those that do care are more likely to be both vaccinated and cautious.
I really don’t understand your comment that people who choose not to vaccinate don’t care. Actually I care very much about what I put in my body.

My poor kids. Three have gotten it now. Two don't have their smell or taste back. One got it clear back in October. Says the taste he does have can be real nasty with some foods. He never knows what the food he's about to take a bite of will taste like..same with my daughter that lost hers. The other son still has fluid in his lungs. The bottom part. Still coughing and actually bringing stuff up. Hope that one goes away. You can live with the not right smell or taste, granted, no fun, but to live with fluid in your lungs and having a worse chance of getting pneumonia is scary. :(

Got my booster this morning. So far, not sick. Arm isn't near as sore as the first two. My daughter in law didn't get sick with her second shot until the next day. 🤞my fingers I don't. Didn't with the other two. On another note. Grandson is back in day care. He's coming down with a cold. I usually gets those from him. :(
Congrats, hope you don't have any side effects.

My poor kids. Three have gotten it now. Two don't have their smell or taste back. One got it clear back in October. Says the taste he does have can be real nasty with some foods. He never knows what the food he's about to take a bite of will taste like..same with my daughter that lost hers. The other son still has fluid in his lungs. The bottom part. Still coughing and actually bringing stuff up. Hope that one goes away. You can live with the not right smell or taste, granted, no fun, but to live with fluid in your lungs and having a worse chance of getting pneumonia is scary. :(
Wow, so sorry to hear this, @Cynthia12! It's been a year, then! I had it back in January/February and still have bouts of low/ no energy, extreme fatigue, joint pain. Hope your son's lungs clear and the other kids get their senses of taste and smell back in time. There has never been anything quite like this, has there? :hugs

I really don’t understand your comment that people who choose not to vaccinate don’t care. Actually I care very much about what I put in my body.
You choose not too? Not sure why it's so hard for us humans to see that not everyone thinks the same, feel the same way. I don't get upset with folks that don't. I'll admit I worry for them. But in my old age, I've seen different opinions in a whole lot of different subjects. This one is a big one..for both sides. No judging here. 💞

Last edited:
I think we have at least nine trees. :oops:
Oh mercy! Please ship me a box of poms asap, lol! :lau I guess I did not realize they grew here in the States, I thought of them as a Mediterranean fruit. But ... if we can grow figs, dates, olives and wine, why not pomegranates? :idunno

Wow, so sorry to hear this, @Cynthia12! It's been a year, then! I had it back in January/February and still have bouts of low/ no energy, extreme fatigue, joint pain. Hope your son's lungs clear and the other kids get their senses of taste and smell back in time. There has never been anything quite like this, has there? :hugs
Not for us in our time, but I was shocked to read up on just how many pandemics there have been throughout history! A lot of people have been wiped out in the past. :(

Not for us in our time, but I was shocked to read up on just how many pandemics there have been throughout history! A lot of people have been wiped out in the past. :(
That is certainly true. But they did not have at their disposal the tools that we have, if we should choose to use them. Even discounting the vaccines, we showed early on that we could limit the spread of this virus by hand-washing, masking (even though the masks available were not 100% as effective as they might have been) and social distancing. Just that little bit of knowledge, with compliance, saved thousands of lives.

Back
Top Bottom