Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I am pro-choice when it comes to vaccines. I had the first shot Moderna earlier, than most people, tippy-toed around it since hubby said, "You can get it if you want, but I am not getting it." Thinking he meant you can get it if you want, but knowing he thought I was not going to get it. Told the Dr. office I didn't want a paper trail and not to call my house for any reason.
Got the first shot. After, they called my house with a survey on my experience with the shot. Hubby got their message. I didn't get the second shot. I believe I had C19 in Nov./Dec. of 19, (I was exposed to "worldly" people...) have not had even a cold since then, but have not been exposed a lot. I am not interested in getting the second shot, an it doesn't seem to be working if the only way it works if everyone gets it and then you can still get it. I just hope I didn't wreck my natural immunity to it. I avoid people who are hook, line and sinker into the vax-mask-y because they will be their first to blame you if the shot doesn't work.

Working on the assuption that DD caught The Covid 8 days ago she's in good enough shape to annoy the rest of us by wandering out of the living room and trying to do stuff.

This winter in the UK is likely to be a complete disaster. Very few people are taking Covid seriously enough to stop extensive infections. I hear lots of people talking about Christmas parties etc.:(
The UK is recording between 40 and 50 thousand new cases per day.

Working on the assuption that DD caught The Covid 8 days ago she's in good enough shape to annoy the rest of us by wandering out of the living room and trying to do stuff.

This winter in the UK is likely to be a complete disaster. Very few people are taking Covid seriously enough to stop extensive infections. I hear lots of people talking about Christmas parties etc.:(
The UK is recording between 40 and 50 thousand new cases per day.
Can you show me those numbers on a legit site please? 40 to 50 THOUSAND for an island nation seems like a lot. Like to the point that everyone is infected in a matter of days.

The one problem with news articles, and the like, is that they only tell you about the bad news. Say 10 people got the vaccine, 2 of them got COVID, 1 of them died.
"MAN (Or lady) DIED FROM COVID SHOT"
"LADY KILLED FROM COVID VACCINE"
They don't tell you how many people are completely fine, they only tell you about the people who aren't.

That's my option anyway. :)

The one problem with news articles, and the like, is that they only tell you about the bad news. Say 10 people got the vaccine, 2 of them got COVID, 1 of them died.
"MAN (Or lady) DIED FROM COVID SHOT"
"LADY KILLED FROM COVID VACCINE"
They don't tell you how many people are completely fine, they only tell you about the people who aren't.

That's my option anyway. :)
Or stories like this:

My MIL has been looking for another dog since her dog Sassy died due to lyme disease during covid. Recntly she saw a dog on a foster facebook that had the description: please help our dog learn to trust people again. She was adopted out to someone that abused her and tried to have her euthanized. Knowing that my MIL is not a dog trainer I suggested to her that "this is NOT the dog for you. This dog will be aggressive and needs to work through it with the proper trainer". She didnt listen. She attempted instead to foster the dog and it bit her. She immediately returned it to the so called "no kill shelter" and they erased her entire existance from their posts. Now I have to deal with her during xmas knowing she got a dog killed because of her desire for unconditional love without work because of her lack of human connection during covid. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom