Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Attachments

• theo2rocky and bullwinkle.png
    theo2rocky and bullwinkle.png
    526.9 KB · Views: 2
How about a bit of dark humour just to give everyone a laugh?

When I returned to the UK having been away for a decade one of the first things on my to do list was to claim my pension.

By the time I applied for payment I was already three months past my entitlement date; the pension department owed me money. It’s not much, but if one is not well off it helps to keep one alive.

I filled out the forms, dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s and sent it off to the address specified on the form.

A month went by without a response.

When I tried to contact them by phone I got a recorded message stating that due to Covid the department was struggling to keep up with demand.

I did eventually get to speak to a person (they owed me four and half months pension back pay by now)

The person I spoke to was very pleasant but still mentioned that there were delays due to Covid and they were unusually busy.

I couldn’t help but point out that given people in my age group and above were dying like flies from Covid the pressure on their department must be a fraction of what it was while pensioners like myself were still living.

I’m not convinced they got the humour.
WhenI went to the SS office to change my last name to my husbands they told me its all done online now. Well...not a name change. I had to mail it in with my marriage certificate. Then the mailed me back a letter saying heres your documents back without my documents. I had to call them for them to send me my documents back. Theu make you wait on hold forever and occasionally just hang up on you

Maybe this has been shared before. I'll post it in a bit here...my little grandson has been so sick .. thank you day care, since October. He's got that non stop cough now, was told a couple of weeks ago he had RSV. Well now I started getting sick yesterday. Normally I'm really sick by the next day after starting. I'm sure everyone has a familiar way of when they have a cold starting. It isn't getting worse. Knock on wood. :). I had heard this before, but found it again.....https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/newsroom/news-releases/covid-19-story-tip-study-shows-vaccines-may-protect-against-new-covid-19-strains--and-maybe-the-common-cold
Hope your grandson is soon feeling better. My little grandson is in the same boat - also because of school. We need to get him healthy before his next surgery

I'm killing time on BYC because I dread having to call Medicare. :confused:
Have a sweet niece in law that took my medicair number to check. Guess I can get complete coverage on the dentist! Would be paying 250 on in- house come June. Waiting for a call from them to see what else I can get. Possibly eye Drs. Just paid over 300 on new glasses.

It varies based on what you choose. Gravestones are expensive, caskets are expensive, transportation, body storage...it all adds up. Funeral homes are having to turn people away because they simply dont have room in their freezers. Some people sit on what to do with a loved one for a while and it leads to back up to the point the body is essentially frozen soup. Not to mention operating costs for funeral homes. A funeral could cost as much as 10 grand or more.
I just knew I couldn't afford to die.:lol:

It's been ten years but we priced my mom' funeral with embalming aginst cremation. It came out almost exactly the same. What a coindience.
When planning any funeral know that you have options. The hospital may suggest a certain company but its only a suggestion. The death business is full of companies that are out to take advantage of your grief. When cremating make sure to ask if its "all inclusive". Lots of times they will try to sell you on a casket that theyre literally just gonna burn. Ask for a cardboard box. If youre paying more than 3 grand for a cremation you are being ripped off.

If youre paying more than 3 grand for a cremation you are being ripped off.
They wanted about 12K either way.
They sold a concrete container so I called the cemetery to see if they required one. (They did). When we got to the cemetery, my sister had to leave the gravesite to argue with their office because of a bogus upcharge.

I dont intend to have an "agenda". My thoughts were based on an observation of how society has been changed by this matter. Thats why I pushed for us to get back on topic. It seems people have focused on one specific sentence I wrote versus the entirety of the post. Covid has affected all of us. Our daily lives have been sieged and torn. In so many words I meant to express my fear that we will never return to normal. I appreciate finding like minded people on this site and I think everyone is entitled to their opinion but it doesnt mean you have the right to disagree or cancel someone who doesnt see eye to eye with you. I think if we all met on common ground we could have a little peace :thumbsup now lets get back on topic. I hope everyone is healthy and being safe
This is the normal now. It will never be the way it was.

Back
Top Bottom