Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Can someone please explain to me why every new covid varient is THE MOST CONTAGIOUS EVER? They always say its more contagious but never explain how or why. Can it be spread to ghosts now or something?
People have a higher viral load with omicron vs Delta. In other words if you cough, more viral particles come out of your mouth with the omicron then the Delta so it can spread to more people
...Or when you talk for those people who don't cough

Can someone please explain to me why every new covid varient is THE MOST CONTAGIOUS EVER? They always say its more contagious but never explain how or why. Can it be spread to ghosts now or something?
People have a higher viral load with omicron vs Delta. In other words if you cough, more viral particles come out of your mouth with the omicron then the Delta so it can spread to more people
A lot of new diseases begin as extremely virulent nasty bugs. If they are going to be "successful" they have to become a)easier to spread and b)not kill the host before they do so.
Sorry but the classic example is Syphilis. It first showed up @1493. It was a horribly debilitating, disfiguring disease. It quickly evolved into one so mild most people infected never know they have it.
The fact that Omnicrom has followed this course make perfect sense from a clinical perspective.

...Or when you talk for those people who don't cough
How do they measure the viral load? It seems to me that that is based on the person and not the virus. I.e. if you shout a lot you're putting out more particles. Not trying to argue with you just curious :idunno

A lot of new diseases begin as extremely virulent nasty bugs. If they are going to be "successful" they have to become a)easier to spread and b)not kill the host before they do so.
Sorry but the classic example is Syphilis. It first showed up @1493. It was a horribly debilitating, disfiguring disease. It quickly evolved into one so mild most people infected never know they have it.
The fact that Omnicrom has followed this course make perfect sense from a clinical perspective.
And then some messy scientist left his sandwich out and now we have penicillin

How do they measure the viral load? It seems to me that that is based on the person and not the virus. I.e. if you shout a lot you're putting out more particles. Not trying to argue with you just curious :idunno
It does vary from person to person as well. I have to figure out how to post links with this phone but if you Google it and stick to medical and scientific articles (rather then opinionated blogs) there's allot out there about viral loads.

It does vary from person to person as well. I have to figure out how to post links with this phone but if you Google it and stick to medical and scientific articles (rather then opinionated blogs) there's allot out there about viral loads.
So if it varies from person to person then it doesnt seem to me that it has anything to do with how contagious the actual virus is and everything to do with the general population. I'd like to see what projected mean number of percentage of viral load per strain. That would help me justify whether or not it is actually the most contagious yet. If you can find a link to that please post it. :caf

There is another thing to keep in mind, when COVID-19 first came out they said it's not airborne.Meaning you would get it only if you were close to a sick person or touched a surface that came in contact with their virus particles.
Now they changed it to it may remain airborne for 3 hours. This is important to know because if someone releases some virus into the air and leaves the room, You come in 15 minutes later, touch nothing in the room, you can still pick up the virus by walking into those air waves. This is important to know, for instance to someone with asthma who wears a mask for their own protection around people but takes the mask off when nobody is around.

Back
Top Bottom