Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

:thWhoops. Thought I updated y'all! I'm pretty much fine now, just have diminished taste and smell. Probably about 60% there.

I primarily use the BYC app on my iPhone, but since my PFM expired it's impossible to reply on there, so I wait to use my laptop when I'm done running my butt off. That does lead to a lot of forgotten threads!

Thank y'all for your kindness and well wishes! The family has all recovered. My best friend and her family however tested positive today. They're unvaccinated, so I'm hoping theirs is a mild case. I don't want to think about how much more severe my case would have been if I was unvaccinated.

I guess I'll talk to my doc about when I should get my booster. CDC is now referring to people w/o full vax series + booster as "not up to date on shots."
I am so happy you and your family are doing better. Started to get worried about ya.
I hope your friends get well soon.

:thWhoops. Thought I updated y'all! I'm pretty much fine now, just have diminished taste and smell. Probably about 60% there.

I primarily use the BYC app on my iPhone, but since my PFM expired it's impossible to reply on there, so I wait to use my laptop when I'm done running my butt off. That does lead to a lot of forgotten threads!

Thank y'all for your kindness and well wishes! The family has all recovered. My best friend and her family however tested positive today. They're unvaccinated, so I'm hoping theirs is a mild case. I don't want to think about how much more severe my case would have been if I was unvaccinated.

I guess I'll talk to my doc about when I should get my booster. CDC is now referring to people w/o full vax series + booster as "not up to date on shots."
:frow Thanks for the update, Topo! So glad to hear you're doing well. Or at least a whole lot better! Best wishes for your friend and her family! ❤️🙏❤️

I personally have a fear of clowns and spiders.
DD1 has a fear of spiders no matter how small. This is the same girl that took a BIG wolf spider to show and tell in kindergarten (yes with prior permission from the teacher). That thing with legs must have been 3" across.

I guess I'm just thinking no news is good news.
Just went last week to meet my new doctor. Sign on the exam wall said "No new is NOT good news". If you haven't gotten test results contact .....

I often wonder where we would be if the first person to get penicillin was allergic to it?
That would be quite a world changer wouldn't it!

DD1 has a fear of spiders no matter how small. This is the same girl that took a BIG wolf spider to show and tell in kindergarten (yes with prior permission from the teacher). That thing with legs must have been 3" across.

Just went last week to meet my new doctor. Sign on the exam wall said "No new is NOT good news". If you haven't gotten test results contact .....

That would be quite a world changer wouldn't it!
Just sounds to me like theyre not doing their job. My MIL had to keep reaching out to her doctor for a test result to figure out if a mass she has is cancer or not. It was benign but no one ever called her. You'd think they would call you whether or not it is.

Just sounds to me like theyre not doing their job. My MIL had to keep reaching out to her doctor for a test result to figure out if a mass she has is cancer or not. It was benign but no one ever called her. You'd think they would call you whether or not it is.
I have a history of skin Ca. (67years in the sun.) When a mole on my back began itching like crazy, I went to a clinic and had it biopsied. Months went by with with no word. I snuck a peak at my electronic record. MALIGNANT! I stormed up to the clinic and found that that resident rotated out and no one picked it up.
They said 'no problem' they could remove it now. I told them they were nuts and went to another hospital. :he

Well I HOPE the clinic (somehow related to the hospital) tries really hard to get results out but doesn't want people to wait forever thinking "no news is good news".
My doctor told me "I'll have the results tonight and I will call you as soon as they come in". I also asked her not to post my results until shes seen them and talked to me about them. I have a right to them but if I dont understand them it means nothing but anxiety for me. Either way I havent heard back.

I have a history of skin Ca. (67years in the sun.) When a mole on my back began itching like crazy, I went to a clinic and had it biopsied. Months went by with with no word. I snuck a peak at my electronic record. MALIGNANT! I stormed up to the clinic and found that that resident rotated out and no one picked it up.
They said 'no problem' they could remove it now. I told them they were nuts and went to another hospital. :he
Wow. Thats just ridiculous. I think I'd be on the phone with a lawyer after that.

Back
Top Bottom