Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I would feel a lot less manipulated if the big changes in counting covid cases did not happen so close to the big changes in policy.

Last year it was changing the criteria in lab testing and roll out of vaccines.

This year it is changing criteria for covid hospitalizations and relaxing masking guidelines.

Not that either change of criteria is bad but after months and years of knowing it was skewing the data, it is changed only when it fuzzes how much closer to reality the misinformation was than the narrative was.

Last edited:
Thats the only reason everyone wore them.
There are plenty of people who chose to wear them for their own protection- k95- not cloth. I worked at a retirement village that was under quarantine before COVID. I worked in dietary but because so many nurses got sick, I was drafted into nursing in the dementia unit where you will see people licking door knobs (as an example).
And yes, I refused to do that work unless I was given a mask. That was before COVID.
If everyone had plain, truthful facts during COVID and we're allowed to make their own decisions rather then being forced, we wouldn't have this battle.
But sadly, it was a new virus that even the government had no scientific facts yet so they were making rules as they went, by looking at other pandemics and as time went on realized not all their rules accurately fit to this virus... And sometimes they even may have missed making rules that could have helped.
I wear a k95 mask. Not because I'm forced to. I stay away from crowds. Not because I'm forced to. I'm not the only one. It's not because I'm crazy or scared of germs. Remember, there are plenty more viruses and bacteria that can kill if you are immunocompromised. I'm hoping to spare is some hospital visits. 8 hospital stays in a year are enough

Unless you have an active relationship with a child I find it hard for anyone to understand. They may act like it it is ok but we are undermining their mental health.
Something must be wrong with my 5 grand children as they are thriving. 2 are non genetic, and one is immunocompromised - maybe it's environment - nature versus nurture?. Should I worry that they appear to be normal?

Back
Top Bottom