Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

The Hopkins report is not downplaying the disaster that was the beginning of Covid. It's showing the decline, now that it has run it's course around the world and people are developing resistance. It's here forever, just like the flu and the common cold. That definitely means less of a "disaster" now, but doesn't lessen the initial impact and devastation. I have permanent lung damage from Covid. My son (a healthy 23) will likely never get his sense of smell back fully and I've lost at least six family members (the most recent was my cousin, a healthy man of 50, earlier this summer) and several friends to Covid. So, is Covid a disaster? Not anymore, but it WAS one. It most certainly was one.

The Hopkins report is not downplaying the disaster that was the beginning of Covid. It's showing the decline, now that it has run it's course around the world and people are developing resistance. It's here forever, just like the flu and the common cold. That definitely means less of a "disaster" now, but doesn't lessen the initial impact and devastation. I have permanent lung damage from Covid. My son (a healthy 23) will likely never get his sense of smell back fully and I've lost at least six family members (the most recent was my cousin, a healthy man of 50, earlier this summer) and several friends to Covid. So, is Covid a disaster? Not anymore, but it WAS one. It most certainly was one.
I think we can all agree that it was not handled correctly. Hopefully everyone has learned to be better prepared for something like this. All we can do now is move forward :thumbsup

I think we can all agree that it was not handled correctly. Hopefully everyone has learned to be better prepared for something like this. All we can do now is move forward :thumbsup
Until there is an investigation into how this came about I don’t think we will be fully prepared. I do not think it jumped species.

Until there is an investigation into how this came about I don’t think we will be fully prepared. I do not think it jumped species.
I wonder how long it took them to figure out fleas were what caused the plague. Either way I'm sure it won't be for a very very very very very very....

...very long time.

I wonder how long it took them to figure out fleas were what caused the plague. Either way I'm sure it won't be for a very very very very very very....

...very long time.
I'm sure they know. It will be a long time before they admit, IMHO.
They KNEW how to act in a pandemic. It was well documented and was part of a drill within the previous year. They choose to act 180*. (Grosse incompetence or war crimes, that should be decided in a court of law.)
(If the police save them first.)

Back
Top Bottom