Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Pretty sure beer and wine are better than soda which has no nutritional value and way more empty calories. And there is some benefits with beer and wine in moderation, none with soda that also causes tooth decay. Not saying booze is awesome for our health but a lot out there we enjoy also isn't.
Anyway not here top debate that I was just looking up to see if soft drink companies are still open as essential. Didn't find anything but they are having probs with supplies making low cal and zero sugar. Disrupted the supply chain of artificial sweeteners from China because of coronavirus.
The primary artificial sweeteners used in include aspartame, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, saccharin, cyclamate and steviol gylcosides come from China. :eek:
Splenda, a sucralose product used, is made in the US and not sourced from China.

I'm don't drink soda anyway but sure am glad I don't diet soda.

I have no problems with alcohol or drinking or whatever, just not sure it’s really necessarily “essential.” But then again neither is soda or sweets like you said. And I’ve sense learned for some people it IS essential cause they’ll die. And eating an entire bag of kettle corn by yourself is not necessary either. Not that I know from experience or anything.... :oops:

I have no problems with alcohol or drinking or whatever, just not sure it’s really necessarily “essential.” But then again neither is soda or sweets like you said. And I’ve sense learned for some people it IS essential cause they’ll die. And eating an entire bag of kettle corn by yourself is not necessary either. Not that I know from experience or anything.... :oops:
For some people jobs are essential too

Has anyone had issues with their chickens being stolen for eggs or meat? I've become super paranoid about this. I know eggs are in short supply -- I've had a lot of requests for them. Just curious what is going on and geographically where.
Haven't had that happen. Someone comes on this property looking at muh chickens they're going to find me waiting for them. Ain't nobody taking these chickens. 🙏👊

Essential places lol. I was looking at the list of places still open in new Orleans the other day and I laughed cause they named all these places and specifically said that "corner stores" were to stay open

Caveat: I've never been to the Big Easy before, but... in some areas corner stores are the only type of "grocery" store available. Large parts of the South and the Appalachians especially are considered food deserts, where residents have no easy access to grocery stores. My guess is this is to make sure that those stores can stay open and continue to serve in that capacity, even if they aren't suitable substitutes to start.

https://www.feedingchildreneverywhere.com/blog/the-shocking-reality-of-food-deserts-in-america/
I don’t really get why liquor stores are considered essential. It’s a bit ridiculous to me. People really can’t go a couple weeks without alcohol? :rolleyes: I think it’s because it makes the government a ton of money and they don’t want to lose that.

Not sure about other states but from what I've read, part of keeping the liquor business open (at least here) was because some distilleries have switched to producing alcohol for hand sanitizers, so to make sure they can operate without issue liquor businesses are flagged essential.

I don't know if it the same every state but in NY majority of liquor stores (or any business) that have only one employee are exempt from shutting down. It's not that they are considered essential.

We also have an exemption for one employee businesses, though I think most of those still fall under "essential" anyhow - gas stations, liquor store as mentioned, etc.

Has anyone had issues with their chickens being stolen for eggs or meat? I've become super paranoid about this. I know eggs are in short supply -- I've had a lot of requests for them. Just curious what is going on and geographically where.

If your set up is lockable (which I'd recommend regardless of the current situation) and you're worried, then lock it up. My run can be padlocked and coop door also locks.

That said, I haven't heard anyone on here saying they've been robbed of chickens or eggs because of this. I suppose it depends on where you live?

Walmart pickup order is getting picked. Not sure if everything will be in stock but I'll report back how it all works out. Sometimes it goes smoothly and other times it doesn't. I should know the substitutions right before I leave to do pickup.

Also have to go to CVS to get prescriptions. I'm sure that'll be different too at the drive thru window. Wonder if they have changed any procedures?
I skipped a lot, so apologize if it was mentioned. CVS is doing free delivery. Of course, only to certain areas.

Back
Top Bottom