Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Covid-19 is why I have chickens. We had always toyed with the idea of stealth urban homesteading in our private fenced back yard, and when this came rushing up to meet us in Florida, we had to go into immediate quarantine as all three of us in my family are immunocompromised. So we called our local shop, and arranged an order for our friend to deliver to us. Everything has to be set up right the first time, as we haven’t left the house in almost 3 weeks, but the chicks have only been here for 3 days. It’s gonna be a wild ride.

I ordered all of the supplies to build the coop yesterday, maybe two hours before our governor called for our state to be locked down. I’m genuinely concerned the supplies may not be delivered, so I bought a coop on sale to be safe and make sure we had /something/. The coop order was canceled by the company. Here’s hoping the supply order maintains, or we are gonna be really creative with whatever is in the garage. 😂

I never thought it would go down like this, but I also know that I am the queen of preparing for the worst at the last minute.

Good morning all. The latest updates from my little part of Massachusetts, USA. Just under 8000 confirmed cases of Covid-19 and 122 deaths. The number of cases in my county are under 600, so that is sort of "a blessing." Our Governor has taken action to prepare for the surge that is anticipated in the next 7 to 14 days. One emergency field hospital is nearly ready and another is being prepared. Others are also being prepped as well. I guess our less populated area has the solemn "duty" to be the emergency morgue. At least now I know why there were helicopters flying around yesterday. For those of you who just can't fight the urge to point fingers and blame this catastrophe on everything YOU think is wrong with our Society and/or government, get real, now is not the time for this. People are really dying from this illness. Yesterday a little child died in Connecticut from the coronavirus. I'm going to assume that at some level we are all afraid and that's a normal reaction to this. But, please, stop bickering, be kind, be civil. You never know how much longer any of us will be here. Find whatever joy you can and cling to that. Carpe Diem!

A good majority of the cases in my city all started in 3 funerals. Not sure when those funerals took place, but it’s good to know that it was concentrated for the most part and not just random. But we’ve already been issued an order starting tomorrow no more out and about for people who are still wandering the streets.

My question is: what happens to the homeless? They don’t have a home to shelter in place.

A good majority of the cases in my city all started in 3 funerals. Not sure when those funerals took place, but it’s good to know that it was concentrated for the most part and not just random. But we’ve already been issued an order starting tomorrow no more out and about for people who are still wandering the streets.

My question is: what happens to the homeless? They don’t have a home to shelter in place.
Chicago is working with hotels to shelter the homeless https://chicago.curbed.com/2020/3/24/21191896/chicago-coronavirus-homeless-protections

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom