Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Oh that's a good point. My friend in NYC said her family (and some neighbors) have resorted to storing food on their fire escape. If she buys a week of groceries for her family all at once, they just don't have the refrigerator space for it, so fresh vegetables get kicked outside.

My parents had a fridge and a freezer and still stored things on the unheated sun porch with the windows open in the winter. And that was in a big house (though there were a lot of us too, so we needed it).

Also they got the cops called on them a lot when they used to dumpster dive.

My friends used to live in a nearby neighborhood where chickens and all outside animals were banned. They got fined for 3 hens behind a 6' fence. I grew up there. Neighboring city doesn't let veggie gardens in the front yard.

People live under all sorts of circumstances that makes grocery shopping a necessity. And it's not like there's anti-viral masks for symptomatic people to buy and wear. -_- Sometimes you just have to go to the grocery store.

The purchase might even look irresponsible. When I had Mono the only thing I could eat for three days was pizza rolls. G lives off of cucumber lime and orange flavored Gatorades when he's sick. D used to eat nothing but PB&Js when sick. People do what they gotta to get by.

I am really stoked! Hubs is building above ground planting boxes and I am waiting with my soil. Oh yea . I live on clay which is evil. I may have to burn my dearly departed rather than bury them. :hit Always hard.

I am so psyched about my future veggies. Not to mention my red daylilies that are still babies.
Up a tree? Hysterical!
Yeah, I took a picture with my old phone.

Neighboring city doesn't let veggie gardens in the front yard.

People live under all sorts of circumstances that makes grocery shopping a necessity. And it's not like there's anti-viral masks for symptomatic people to buy and wear. -_- Sometimes you just have to go to the grocery store.

I told my friend with her veggies on the balcony that she's just going to have to split up groceries to twice a week (with her adult kids also at home out of necessity, food consumption has obviously gone up as well), and she agreed that was better than possibly putting something outside and having it spoil. I told her veggies should do fine, but then she started talking about how people would put their frozen turkeys for Thanksgiving on the fire escape too!

Ugh if I couldn't put stuff in my "front yard" I wouldn't have chickens or a veggie garden. I only have a front yard (back is big enough for septic and nothing else).

I am really stoked! Hubs is building above ground planting boxes and I am waiting with my soil. Oh yea . I live on clay which is evil. I may have to burn my dearly departed rather than bury them. :hit Always hard.

I am so psyched about my future veggies. Not to mention my red daylilies that are still babies.
Up a tree? Hysterical!
We have clay too, and so I have raised beds.

Wow! Are those yaks? I love yaks.

They are buffaloes (true buffaloes/water buffaloes) domesticated from Asian wild buffaloes, now critically endangered.
images (55).jpeg

Water Buffaloes were domesticated twice. First in South Asia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc about 5000 years ago. They have shorter rounder horns. They are triple purpose animals. They are called river type buffaloes or Riverine buffaloes.

They were again independently domesticated in East Asia, that is China around 4000 years ago. They have bow shaped horns like their wild ancestors. They are dual purpose animals. They are called swamp type buffaloes or swamp buffaloes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom