Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

And some people just deny the facts that do not fit their worldview.

I see this on both sides though. It’s not just one side. I’ve seen people attack politicians or whoever for saying or doing something but when their preferred candidate or party does the same exact thing, silence. Selective outrage and ignoring the facts or only listening to what fits their narrative and agenda happens on both sides.

Florida emergency management official says 3M selling masks to foreign countries: 'We're chasing ghosts'
The head of Florida's Division of Emergency Management has accused U.S. mask manufacturer 3M of shipping the critical protective equipment to foreign countries who outbid U.S. buyers -- even as hospitals and state officials desperately scramble to secure N95 protective masks for healthcare workers on the frontlines of the coronavirus pandemic.

Glad you're the one reporting that, seminolewind. If it had been me I'm certain it would have been discounted.

And some people just deny the facts that do not fit their worldview.
Yes, they most certainly do. Have a nice day.
20200331_092906.jpg

The 1918 influenza pandemic was worse, targeted younger people, and in places that actually practiced isolation, was less severe.
My parents were young adults during that time, and never once spoke about it! People managed to blank it out of their histories, and out of many history books too.
Mary
You are right this Corona doesn’t target many young people. But there is no way you can tell exactly what we are heading to. Until now this virus attacked only in regions with a good health care system.

IMO you can’t say anything about severe of less severe as long as we are in the beginning of this Corona spreading. We don't even know by far who is /was infected, because people are not tested.

If they don't find a cure a lot of people will die that’s for sure. Maybe/probably more as in in 1918. Also depends on what you count? The absolute numbers or the % of casualties. Do you count what’s happening all over the world or just you’re own state?

Love and inclusion the affiliation of peace and love! (Unless you disagree with us then we'll assault you and spit on you and destroy your property etc)
The hypocrisy is amazing

Someone has spit on you or destroyed your property?

We're discussing ideas here. Everyone has them. Everyone is sincere in defending and asserting theirs. I'm sorry you were wounded, I'm just not sure how. Disagreement is merely disagreement.

You are right this Corona doesn’t target many young people. But there is no way you can tell exactly what we are heading to. Until now this virus attacked only in regions with a good health care system.

Frankly, and as an oldster, this part reassures me. I think it's a good thing that a vigorous new generation will be there to implement the lessons of this crisis and there to carry on.

I'm sorry that the medical community will take a heavy toll. I hope there will be medical professionals enough to rebuild health systems and service survivors when this is over. And I'm sorry that a generation of experience and knowledge will be culled. But I'm glad it's us and not the generation who can look forward to making their families and carrying on.

Back
Top Bottom