Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

No I didn't say that we shouldn't care. I honestly don't care if you think I'm cruel but here you go: If I had to decide between feeding my family or someone elses and resources were scarce, mine will come first. It's true for most of society, no matter what anyone says here. I have a responsibility to protect children. So some guy who breaks in and tries to steal the food from their mouths in a time with no law? Yes, I'm going to shoot him. That's what our conversation was about. What if there were no police because most got sick? People prey on your willingness to help your fellow man. If it were to ever to get to that point then I am absolutely cruel enough to do it. Until then I advertise my eggs for free in my community to help people.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. That person might just be trying to feed their own family. Society has always found ways to come together and survive - not through harsh and rugged individualism but through community and support. If we reach the point where that's no longer possible you're more likely to be the person stealing food than the person with resources.

The fact that you sit and theorize and imagine a world where you need to shoot randos makes me glad that the people I live around imagine a world of support and love instead. It's going to pay off way better for us in the long run to share resources and support than to try to hoard them. And history supports that position.

(Not to mention that weird fantasy world where you have to shoot people has no basis in the reality of COVID-19. Our world is still really stable and entrenched in it's current systems and other systems will crop up to replace those LONG before we hit the point of "shoot hungry people to live". It's not like COVID-19 is the T-virus or walking dead....)

I saw this at the store today and I had to take a picture.
I kept waiting for him to turn around so I could capture his mask too but he didn't.
View attachment 2079755
I see nothing of nutritional value in his cart either, except maybe some fruit cups.... he's looking at pork rinds, has lunchables, ice cream and snickers in his cart! Is that jacket/outfit supposed to help with social distancing?

I don't know. I would like to get some myself too.
Hubs saw TP in the trailer repair shop for sale......$2 a roll and no it wasn't the big rolls. :mad:
I saw a four pack of angel soft TP but I don't need any and for 6$ that is way too pricey!
I've been on the hunt for paper towels for like 2 weeks. Na da. Zilch. When you have 3 kids(2 being pretty slobby) you need paper towels!

Back
Top Bottom