Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I did try a tomatoe pot on the deck because of the ground hog. He came up on the deck anyway.
And strawberries in a hanging topsy turny plastic bag to keep the Chipmunks away, they got up on the roof and went down to get them.
OMG you have some determined animals!!! Haha is like to see a ground hog get up on a deck! They are so short and stubby I am having a hard time imagining them going up the stairs 😂🙈

I'm an introvert and even I am getting stir crazy down here. Though I work from home, I'm in town every day taking kiddo to school, then getting feed or supplies on a regular basis. This time of year I LIVE for new gardening plants, seed starts, herbs, and most of all rose shopping. I count down the days until the area Lowe's will get in their rose shipments and I can see touch, and smell the David Austin English rose varieties for myself and decide what to plant for the year. My place had 0 landscaping when I bought it so I'm starting from scratch. Touching and inhaling the fragrance of fresh herbs starts is also high on my must haves list.

I know this isn't the same as dinner parties, which I used to have all the time pre-kiddo/resulting allergies, but rose and herb are my dinner parties now. Stay strong, we're here for you.

I soooooo identify with this! I'm usually out of the house several hours every day. But I think it's been 4 or 5 days since I've been out at all. And, strangely, I don't mind it much. ...but I am going to the plant nursery later today to replace the Rainbow Chard the insect have eaten to nubs.

Last edited:
That is so lucky! I hate it with all my heart, so I’m envious of you! However, I get tired of even my best friends in the whole world sometimes. I’ve been in isolation with my family for a month, and now we are all so tired of each other it’s hard to get back to normal. That’s how the relationships deteriorate. I think we are lucky, though- some families are actually ripped apart becuase of this, and we still love each-other and hang out together.

My kids are barely going to turn 4 so that might also be helping a lot. I can’t imagine what it’s like for people who have older kids or even teenagers. I do have one sister that had already decided she didn’t want to stay with her child’s dad, but this quarantine has finalized her decision. I am just happy they are both good parents and aren’t immature to the point of physical abuse which I’m sure there are many families out there suffering that much more during this.

My kids are barely going to turn 4 so that might also be helping a lot. I can’t imagine what it’s like for people who have older kids or even teenagers. I do have one sister that had already decided she didn’t want to stay with her child’s dad, but this quarantine has finalized her decision. I am just happy they are both good parents and aren’t immature to the point of physical abuse which I’m sure there are many families out there suffering that much more during this.
I read the amount of abuse is expected to go up with everyone being stuck home and people and kids being stuck with their abusers 24/7, etc. and also sadly a lot of the abuse won’t get reported now too because most of the reporting happens by an outside third party like at school or church, etc. and now they’re not going there either. :( it’s all so sad.

And strawberries in a hanging topsy turny plastic bag to keep the Chipmunks away, they got up on the roof and went down to get them.

I've wondered about those things but my understanding is you really have to keep your plants growing for 2 or 3 seasons before you really start getting more than random berries.

Short of one airplane plant and a rabbit's foot fern I haven't been able to keep container plants growing.

I soooooo identify with this! I'm usually out of the house several hours every day. But I think it's been 4 or 5 days since I've been out at all. And, strangely, I don't mind it much. ...but I am going to the plant nursery later today to replace the Rainbow Chard the insect have eaten to nubs.
I don’t go out a ton but usually do go browse around some stores or go get lunch, etc. for something to do and now I can’t do any of that. :(

I read the amount of abuse is expected to go up with everyone being stuck home and people and kids being stuck with their abusers 24/7, etc. and also sadly a lot of the abuse won’t get reported now too because most of the reporting happens by an outside third party like at school or church, etc. and now they’re not going there either. :( it’s all so sad.
I also heard this. It’s extremely upsetting and worrisome. I feel terrible but also so lucky. I wish I could help.....

Back
Top Bottom