Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I hope they have guessed it right for my state. The peak will be tomorrow. My life has changed quite a bit. My town, has the town employees and the Sheriffs delivering essential supplies to anyone 60 and over, to help flatten the curve, because we do not have a big hospital, or enough ventilators.
You register with your information and look at the local list of cooperating businesses. E-mail the business(s) you need things from and they call, get your credit card number, and in a few hours you have your groceries, etc.
I knew early on, to wash everything that came into the house, since my aunt born in 1917 had told me years ago, her aunt, who lived with them during the Spanish flu washed everything that came into the house.
Now they are showing on the news programs how to wash your food, or transfer it to new packaging!
My son had this, (32 years old) and it can be much worse than the flu. Much more contagious. He had a fever for more than ten days, and could not speak on the phone, because it made him cough so bad. It was awful. He tried.
Reminded me of the croup cough he had when he was little. By day ten he did not think he could take much more of it. By day 12 his fever was better. After 2 1/2 weeks he was much better. I can't tell you how scared I was to hear a grown man cough like that.
By the way, bed linens with at least 180 thread count have tight enough weave to help prevent any aspirated droplets from getting into your nasal passages. I tried pushing air through some older pillow cases. The one that impressed me the most, my daughter made a mask from, by hand.
Stay safe everyone.

Planting is easy, weeding is HARD! By 4July, our vegetable garden can be a total jungle, with some veggies in there somewhere. Maybe it will be different this year?
Mary
Very true!!! Last year I tried to weed a lot but it was hard!! At one point I put it off and I had a giant clump of grass mixed in with my beans :th did eventually pull it out but it was a huge pain in the rear. And even when I kept up with it better and did it frequently, felt like for every one pulled another 10 popped up! 😂 I might end up doing a lot of pots/containers this year or maybe mulching. Last year I also didn’t stake anything so it was a bit of a mess. Gonna be doing a lot of staking this year.

Besides, even with people you love, there are times when too much of a good thing is still too much.
Exactly.
Very true!!! Last year I tried to weed a lot but it was hard!! At one point I put it off and I had a giant clump of grass mixed in with my beans :th did eventually pull it out but it was a huge pain in the rear. And even when I kept up with it better and did it frequently, felt like for every one pulled another 10 popped up! 😂 I might end up doing a lot of pots/containers this year or maybe mulching. Last year I also didn’t stake anything so it was a bit of a mess. Gonna be doing a lot of staking this year.
Hahahahaha that happened to me too! We just gotta keep trying.
I hope they have guessed it right for my state. The peak will be tomorrow. My life has changed quite a bit. My town, has the town employees and the Sheriffs delivering essential supplies to anyone 60 and over, to help flatten the curve, because we do not have a big hospital, or enough ventilators.
You register with your information and look at the local list of cooperating businesses. E-mail the business(s) you need things from and they call, get your credit card number, and in a few hours you have your groceries, etc.
I knew early on, to wash everything that came into the house, since my aunt born in 1917 had told me years ago, her aunt, who lived with them during the Spanish flu washed everything that came into the house.
Now they are showing on the news programs how to wash your food, or transfer it to new packaging!
My son had this, (32 years old) and it can be much worse than the flu. Much more contagious. He had a fever for more than ten days, and could not speak on the phone, because it made him cough so bad. It was awful. He tried.
Reminded me of the croup cough he had when he was little. By day ten he did not think he could take much more of it. By day 12 his fever was better. After 2 1/2 weeks he was much better. I can't tell you how scared I was to hear a grown man cough like that.
By the way, bed linens with at least 180 thread count have tight enough weave to help prevent any aspirated droplets from getting into your nasal passages. I tried pushing air through some older pillow cases. The one that impressed me the most, my daughter made a mask from, by hand.
Stay safe everyone.
Oh wow. Wow wow wow. Things are insane. I have to admit than about a month ago I hadn’t even heard of coronavirus. Now its everywhere and I hear at every 5 minutes.

Welcome, Hoping and Wishing!

So sorry you son had it but glad he's one of the recovery stories. It sounds like it was grueling for him and even emotionally for you.

Was he able to restrict it to himself or are there others living with him who might have caught it? If he managed to limit it to himself what tips does he have for accomplishing that?

Back
Top Bottom