Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I have good news for all people who live in countries with restrictions or lock down.

Our regulations: Around 9 march people where asked to avoid contact like shaking hands, work at home if possible and all universities closed. This was not enough and we closed down all schools, bars, restaurants, zoo’s, museums, and social life on march 15. A few days later all barbers, not urgent physiotherapy and such, where its impossible to keep 5’ distance had to stop treatments.
Shops and take-aways are still open. Even some clothing and flower shops. People are asked to avoid parks and beaches where it can get crowded. Parking lots are closed to avoid a crowd. Public transport is only for people who go to work and have no other possibilities. Police is monitoring and people who gather (party) get a fine.

Results: After two weeks with this partial shut down we have less new cases in hospitable.
This article (In Dutch) shows we have less problems in the hospitals. The number of new deaths because of Covid19 is decreasing. People ICU get better.
https://nos.nl/l/2329478NOS article with graphics
Graphic 1 (red) : number of patients in ICU. The green line is the capacity (upscaling after 23 march).
Graphic 2 / 3 : the black one shows the number of reported deceased each day. The red one the number of new people coming in hospital now.
Graphic 4 / 5 : the ages of people with corona in hospital (Red). The ages of the diseased (black).

Yea they are! I heard them on the radio last week. Haven't heard that song in years but managed to sing most of it! Forgot some of the words tho 🙈
I feel like they’re really underrated haha then again some of their songs are kind of depressing 😂🙈

And yeah I haven’t listened to them in a while but like a few of their songs haha Wonderful and Santa Monica are good too haha

And it always amazes me how I can still remember every word (or almost) to songs I haven’t heard in years 😂

just watching news calls from domestic abuse sufferers has gone up big time ,nurses are having video calls with families of dying patients ,other nurses are living in hotels away from families so they can keep on working ,yet we still have people breaking isolation rules .my elderly friend is going shopping every day ,she has a car and could get it all at once ,her son registered her with the local supermarket so she can shop online ,her husband has alziemers ,when i suggested she be more careful she rang off and hasn,t been in touch since 4days ,we were talking every day ,i will ring her later .

I have good news for all people who live in countries with restrictions or lock down.

Our regulations: Around 9 march people where asked to avoid contact like shaking hands, work at home if possible and all universities closed. This was not enough and we closed down all schools, bars, restaurants, zoo’s, museums, and social life on march 15. A few days later all barbers, not urgent physiotherapy and such, where its impossible to keep 5’ distance had to stop treatments.
Shops and take-aways are still open. Even some clothing and flower shops. People are asked to avoid parks and beaches where it can get crowded. Parking lots are closed to avoid a crowd. Public transport is only for people who go to work and have no other possibilities. Police is monitoring and people who gather (party) get a fine.

Results: After two weeks with this partial shut down we have less new cases in hospitable.
This article (In Dutch) shows we have less problems in the hospitals. The number of new deaths because of Covid19 is decreasing. People ICU get better.
https://nos.nl/l/2329478NOS article with graphics
Graphic 1 (red) : number of patients in ICU. The green line is the capacity (upscaling after 23 march).
Graphic 2 / 3 : the black one shows the number of reported deceased each day. The red one the number of new people coming in hospital now.
Graphic 4 / 5 : the ages of people with corona in hospital (Red). The ages of the diseased (black).
There is a problem though. We might be able to decrease the rate of infection while social distancing measures are in place. What happens when such restrictions are lifted?
Bear in mind that according to current knowledge the virus emanated from a point source; just one infected person, patient zero.
There are lots of infected people now all over the world.
It's reasonably safe to assume that once the restrictions are lifted the infection rate will go up again. The virus doesn't just go away.

While everyone is worrying about what to wipe their bums with there are other far reaching problems that are going largely unreported.
The so called Third World countries don't have the medical support that we in the industrialized world have. The chances of accurate reporting on death and infection rates are slim. The consequences of this should be obvious.
Something else that has been reported but the significance underplayed is the negotiations by the oil cartels regarding price of a barrel. This is what Trump is talking to Putin about. OPEC, the Arab oil producers and the US have an arrangement to fix the production of oil, and the price it's sold at. You would have to check on the recent figures but Russia can produce a barrel of oil at around $10; OPEC and the US around $60 dollars. It['s not hard to work out who countries will buy their oil from. If Putin, as he has said, won't adjust his oil prices in line with the US and OPEC then the US and OPEC won't be able to sell their oil. Oil revenue is what supports the OPEC countries and contributes billions to the US economy. An economic recession seems unavoidable just from the impact of Covid-19. Add to that not being able to sell oil and the economy looks very bleak.
The virus is small fry compared to the economic downturn our governments reaction to it has caused.

Y'all......
In my regular waking in the middle of an anxiety attack (had them for decades) I lay awake with my mind wandering....

It occurred to me I had beading wire somewhere.....I went and dug it out. It will work for nose wires!!!! Then my fleece stash! Perfect for making ties or ear loops!
:barnie So freaking obvious!

There is a problem though. We might be able to decrease the rate of infection while social distancing measures are in place. What happens when such restrictions are lifted?
Bear in mind that according to current knowledge the virus emanated from a point source; just one infected person, patient zero.
There are lots of infected people now all over the world.
It's reasonably safe to assume that once the restrictions are lifted the infection rate will go up again. The virus doesn't just go away.
Yes, its going yo be tricky to lift restrictions again. I hope they lift the most important first. Like letting young children going to school again. Then wait 1-2 weeks and if everything still is in control, before they take the next step.

I do hope our economy is going to change after this. We need more people in governments who care, people with integrity. And certainly not to the world leaders you named, who have too much ego and think ‘whats in it for me’ all the time.

Clean air
We have to stop using so much fuel. Make a transition to a healtier environment. One of the positive things if this Corona crap is the clean air. The positive effect of this partially world wide shut down really is amazing.

People stopping buying useless products is great. I do hope all plastic plants that make crap are going to produce better products if
they survive this Covid crisis

Less international trade
I do hope we will be more self supplying in a more regional area (like within larger parts of the continents). Less international trade is good for a lot of things and not only for spreading awful diseases.

It would be better if we stop producing /buying plastic crap product and cheap clothes made by ‘slaves’ in very unhealthy working environments.
It would be better if boats and airplanes stop polluting the world.
For instance: Stop buying flowers that are treated with lots of herbicides/pesticides that pollute the soil and the health of the cheap labour, which are exported all over the world in airplanes.

International trade makes us vulnerable for another new virus. Stopping international trade helps creating a healthier world and can stop global warming if we go on with the good things, like planting trees, building plants for wind- and solar energy.

Back
Top Bottom