Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Because research and data is how we make informed choices. And yeah white people are allowed to have opinions but when they start drifting into opinions about what OTHER people experience (ie, it doesnt happen because I didnt see it) it becomes a problem. Then we have to break out data to see what's actually happening. (Dislcaimer; this is a problem regardless of which groups are talking/talked about.)

And many people are pushed to steal for a variety of reasons. No petty theft IMO could justify getting to shoot that person as opposed to say jail time or rehab centers.

And I bring it up because conversations about things like how COVID-19 has effected us based on race, sexuality, gender, etc. have been dismissed as off topic and political by the same people who thought it was ok to talk about shooting people during food shortages. Someone earlier called me a troll for bringing up the FDA changes for gay people and blood donations. Another person said it was too off topic to discuss how we should all wear masks to help normalize it for black people and asians. A lot of people DID claim they didn't see racism happening so it wasn't there while also not being in a position to see it.

So yeah. I see a big contrast there in what people think should or should not be allowed.

I like the way you think and express your thinking. Thank you.

Because research and data is how we make informed choices. And yeah white people are allowed to have opinions but when they start drifting into opinions about what OTHER people experience (ie, it doesnt happen because I didnt see it) it becomes a problem. Then we have to break out data to see what's actually happening. (Dislcaimer; this is a problem regardless of which groups are talking/talked about.)

And many people are pushed to steal for a variety of reasons. No petty theft IMO could justify getting to shoot that person as opposed to say jail time or rehab centers.

And I bring it up because conversations about things like how COVID-19 has effected us based on race, sexuality, gender, etc. have been dismissed as off topic and political by the same people who thought it was ok to talk about shooting people during food shortages. Someone earlier called me a troll for bringing up the FDA changes for gay people and blood donations. Another person said it was too off topic to discuss how we should all wear masks to help normalize it for black people and asians. A lot of people DID claim they didn't see racism happening so it wasn't there while also not being in a position to see it.

So yeah. I see a big contrast there in what people think should or should not be allowed.
If you look hard and long enough you'll find what you're looking for in anything even If it truly doesn't exist

Woah! Normally the coolest thing I get is a mama bear and some cubs (not so fun with the chickens, but...). Never seen a turkey in my yard before!

My hat's off to you if you can keep chickens around bears! No kidding!!!

When I live in Vancouver I regularly had to protect my garbage from raccoons and bears. They often won. I'm so glad that and some clean up was all that was at stake!

Bonus time at the nursery! Not only did I get the plants I need to replace what the insects have destroyed but I found a big box of nitrile gloves and 2 small but grossly overpriced bottles of 70% hand sanitizer.

...oh and a couple of my favorite plants -- gerberas and a pink campanula. Pink isn't my favorite color by a long shot but I so rarely see campanula and that sweet bell-shaped fairy tale flower is sure to lift my spirits when I'm outside in the garden. Actually, going online to try to find out how to keep it alive -- this time -- is what I'm doing online again.

First hand sanitizer I've even seen since this thing started! And now it's mine, all mine!

Back
Top Bottom