Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

So, total change of subject here, but back to original topic, Covid-19.... since some of the country seems to think it's time to go back to "life as it was before" and "there never was really a virus" or whatever ... DH and I are still taking all precautions and will continue to do so, going out only when absolutely necessary, wearing masks, etc., not even going to church. So we have had a couple of folks/friends assure us they understand completely why we are doing all this and totally agree and support us in it ... and then ask if they can come visit! And then get their feelings hurt when we say, uh, no.... is anyone else getting these mixed signals? And how are you dealing with it?
Yep. I let her come visit. We sat on the deck, 10 ft. apart. In 90 degree weather! And when she wanted a hug before leaving, she got an air hug....... from 10 ft. away. This is the same gal that won't go visit her mom and dad cuz she doesn't want to risk getting them sick. But she has no problem wanting to visit me?!!!!!!

One guy got shot trying to enforce it in a mall.

It is the catch 22 for many employees.
I have seen with my own eyes those screaming about rights being violated to the poor soul assigned to the front entry.
Personally......I wouldn't want to risk getting shot, punched or verbally assaulted for telling someone that masks are mandatory in the stores.

Ya know....
LIfe, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for one (refusing to wear a mask) I am not sure why those feel their rights are more valuable than the folks wearing a mask, at risk, or just trying to do their dadgum job.

It is pretty impossible to enforce that folks wear a mask.

It is the catch 22 for many employees.
I have seen with my own eyes those screaming about rights being violated to the poor soul assigned to the front entry.
Personally......I wouldn't want to risk getting shot, punched or verbally assaulted for telling someone that masks are mandatory in the stores.

Ya know....
LIfe, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for one (refusing to wear a mask) I am not sure why those feel their rights are more valuable than the folks wearing a mask, at risk, or just trying to do their dadgum job.

It is pretty impossible to enforce that folks wear a mask.
People are really immature. Whatā€™s the big deal about wearing a mask? Itā€™s ridiculous people resort to violence over a stupid mask. Just put the dang thing on and shut it.

People are really immature. Whatā€™s the big deal about wearing a mask? Itā€™s ridiculous people resort to violence over a stupid mask. Just put the dang thing on and shut it.

Exactly!!!!

For a few weeks here the stores were allowing only a certain # in.....might still be....I don't get out much.....there would be a big line and 3-4 always without a mask and complaining about a line/the masks etc.
Really really seems like a first world problem to me. šŸ¤”

So, total change of subject here, but back to original topic, Covid-19.... since some of the country seems to think it's time to go back to "life as it was before" and "there never was really a virus" or whatever ... DH and I are still taking all precautions and will continue to do so, going out only when absolutely necessary, wearing masks, etc., not even going to church. So we have had a couple of folks/friends assure us they understand completely why we are doing all this and totally agree and support us in it ... and then ask if they can come visit! And then get their feelings hurt when we say, uh, no.... is anyone else getting these mixed signals? And how are you dealing with it?
Lol, there's a thought. One wanted to come from two states over and spend the night! :lau
Most of the time I wish I knew more people around here (newer place and location for me) but at times like this I'm glad I don't yet.
However, if I did my logic would look at things this way....we are a family at risk. Am I willing to risk the heath of my kiddo or myself because someone else can't respect (and not just lip service "respect") my decision to put our own health first?
If they are saying they respect you but pushing to do something disrespectful, maybe they aren't as good of friends than you thought they were. Friends respect one another.
Their "need" to socialize is not more important than your need to stay safe.

I know, easier said than done, and it does put you in a tough spot.
Not sure I'd allow a drive by visit either because it sounds like once they are there, they will worm their way into the house.

That's what the phone, the internet, Skype and Zoom are for....so maybe suggest using skype?? You can see each other just fine...like watching TV.

I read about that Cap. I'm sure there will be more hot heads. Folks out here mostly seem to be wearing them. Some stores insist upon it. Our neighbors however don't wear them and don't practice social distancing. They are up in your face :tongue.

Men seem to prefer black masks - too hot for this weather. Women have more attractive ones but, - none of them are comfortable to wear. Every now and then, I have to let my nose get some air.

Before checking the mail etc., I look to see if anyone is outside. If so I wait till they go in. At Walmart and Target last weekend - we had to stand in line to get inside.

For instance when two people come out, they will let two people in. There are floor signs too. "Enter here," or "Do Not Enter." Also they are only "one way." Walmart's check out lines are to the back of the store. Even their self check outs. I noticed a lot of folks dumping their stuff and walking out.

The restaurants are all "take out." By the time we get home everything is cold.:sick

Back
Top Bottom