Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I do have a shirt that says....
"You know that little voice inside your head that says you probably shouldn't say that. Yeah I don't have one of those."
My kind of person- **raises coffee mug**

The shirt comment did spark a thought....
I don't hear people complaining about having to wear shoes and shirts in a public place. You know those signs..."No shoes, no shirt, no service"
There are health reasons for those rules so why are all the pansies complaining about masks??
You'd think they were being required to wear full on tyvek suits and a respirator or something.

Stupid people irritate me.

Ok, I'm feeling really disgusted ATM...I lived on the Eastern side of the US during 9-11. It impacted me a lot. Few years later I moved out west. When talking to the people there many said it was hard to grasp because it happened so far away, and they didn't know anyone that was impacted.
Ok, I get that.

But this thing is world wide. Every state. Every country. Every Nation. Every continent.
How are people not getting this??

...sorry, rant over.
Your 'preachin' to the choir' here for folks like me.....

1) I have sympathy(and empathy) for folks that have lost loved ones and friends from cancer. A
{ Grampa, Dad & Mom}
2) I have MASSIVE sympathy (and empathy) for folks who have also had a loved one or friend die in their arms.
{A Grampa & Mom}
3) I have sympathy (empathy) for folks with family & friends that are "special needs" either from birth or other stuff after birth.
{For over 10 years I have worked with special needs folks as their therapist & have kids & friends from college that are also special needs}
4) know someone who lost a loved one or friend to Covid-19-mare
{ My roommates before I got married lost their Dad & a close cousin, had another close cousin barely survive & I found out 5 days ago one of them also tested positive for the anti-bodies too}
5) I personally know at least 1 person who thinks this covid-19-mare is somewhere between a hoax and "just another flu" and they also trust 'Faux news' religiously.

So yeah. I struggle with all the folks who go about life around town as if it's only a huge inconvenience for them..... So many of the staff at places like Lowe's, TSC, Kroger that I feequent know they have my ear when they need to talk about the inhuman treatment they receive at work from this vocal minority.

Your 'preachin' to the choir' here for folks like me.....

1) I have sympathy(and empathy) for folks that have lost loved ones and friends from cancer. A
{ Grampa, Dad & Mom}
2) I have MASSIVE sympathy (and empathy) for folks who have also had a loved one or friend die in their arms.
{A Grampa & Mom}
3) I have sympathy (empathy) for folks with family & friends that are "special needs" either from birth or other stuff after birth.
{For over 10 years I have worked with special needs folks as their therapist & have kids & friends from college that are also special needs}
4) know someone who lost a loved one or friend to Covid-19-mare
{ My roommates before I got married lost their Dad & a close cousin, had another close cousin barely survive & I found out 5 days ago one of them also tested positive for the anti-bodies too}
5) I personally know at least 1 person who thinks this covid-19-mare is somewhere between a hoax and "just another flu" and they also trust 'Faux news' religiously.

So yeah. I struggle with all the folks who go about life around town as if it's only a huge inconvenience for them..... So many of the staff at places like Lowe's, TSC, Kroger that I feequent know they have my ear when they need to talk about the inhuman treatment they receive at work from this vocal minority.
Wish we had a love/hug/empathy emoji all in one....I'm sending them all at once!

My daughter said the same thing about the Covid mess. She's a HS senior - graduates tomorrow! - and she hasn't seen her friends, including her boyfriend since school shut down in March. That day, she told me it felt like the last day of school. Today, she reminded me of that conversation, adding sadly, "If I'd known it really was, I would have done it so differently." I think I'll ask her to write down what she would have done differently. It might be a good way to start a conversation about her losses, but the memories are also likely to be rather poignant, later on down the road.
Most excellent idea. Please. Please follow through on that with her!

My kind of person- **raises coffee mug**

The shirt comment did spark a thought....
I don't hear people complaining about having to wear shoes and shirts in a public place. You know those signs..."No shoes, no shirt, no service"
There are health reasons for those rules so why are all the pansies complaining about masks??
You'd think they were being required to wear full on tyvek suits and a respirator or something.

Stupid people irritate me.
I am so keeping that wonderful logic sandwich for use "out there" if I'm ever in a place to help defend someone from one of those cowards. It's definitely something for them to "chew on" instead of flapping their gums.

Wish we had a love/hug/empathy emoji all in one....I'm sending them all at once!
(Humble bow) thanks "Snapdragon". I tangentially agree on the desire for such an emoji as well and appreciate the honesty blunt reaction. You'll see in time that there are many in BYC that are just as wonderful as what we are talking about.

(Humble bow) thanks "Snapdragon". I tangentially agree on the desire for such an emoji as well and appreciate the honesty blunt reaction. You'll see in time that there are many in BYC that are just as wonderful as what we are talking about.
I'm coming to realize that. As a long time reader and researcher here I'm glad I finally joined.
In these scary times it's been comforting to come here and converse with the like minded. And you're welcome. :D
~Snappy

Did I tell you guys I finally set my eggs in the incubator? (sorry if I did)
Last night's candle was day 3 and even kiddo was excited to see veiny blobs in the eggs. A few were questionable so I rechecked them a little while ago and there were strong veins in them tonight. And, I can see tiny eye spots on a few of the other eggs too.

Can't believe I waited so long to get an incubator. Now I know why many of you are addicted to incubating eggs. *cough* Krista *cough* 😋

Back
Top Bottom