Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I was in Illinois at work. People were very upset and afraid that the whole country was under attack...of course we figured Chicago would be a target too.

New Mexico sits on huge natural gas reserves so we thought we were a target too. And of course there's Los Alamos and White Sands.... it just felt like nowhere was safe. I mean really, no place truly is when it comes to that. I don't know how people deal without faith in a Higher Power.

If I'm in a store for more than about ten minutes, the mask makes me claustrophobic. I have to find a quiet (uninhabited) aisle and open up for a minute or so, just to stave off a full-blown panic attack. DD knows "The Look," when I send it her way. She takes the cart while I beeline for the nearest door. This mess has set my anxiety therapy back months! :rolleyes:

I have to wear a mask for over 8 hrs a day! The only time I get a break from it is during my two 15min breaks and my 30min lunch. My face is so chapped and sore.

I have to wear a mask for over 8 hrs a day! The only time I get a break from it is during my two 15min breaks and my 30min lunch. My face is so chapped and sore.

:hugs:hugsYou are a health-care worker? God bless you and keep you safe and well! Thank you!!!

Good for you!!!!! Wish I could be so bold with people, I usually just avoid buttheads or ignore. But can't tell you how many times I've wished I said this or that afterwards!

Just got me riled I guess. I am sick of those disrespecting what to me is a simple request/requirement.

I do have a shirt that says....
"You know that little voice inside your head that says you probably shouldn't say that. Yeah I don't have one of those."

Here, too. We didn't lose anyone directly, but we all know people who did. I have a cousin who was transferred out of the Pentagon (the wing that was hit) just before the plane hit there, only I didn't know that, yet and was in a panic until I knew that Beth was okay. My SIL was just across the river from the Pentagon, going in to work. She actually witnessed the crash. She never made it to the office that day, just turned right around and went home. She hasn't been "right," since. Anxiety attacks rule her world. Some things, despite hours of therapy, just never go away.

My friend's memory is debris scattered from where the towers stood. A close neighbor's husband was a firefighter and never came back. She said that since that day, she won't let her kids or husband leave the house without telling them she loves them, because she's afraid it could be the last time she sees them.

My friend's memory is debris scattered from where the towers stood. A close neighbor's husband was a firefighter and never came back. She said that since that day, she won't let her kids or husband leave the house without telling them she loves them, because she's afraid it could be the last time she sees them.
My daughter said the same thing about the Covid mess. She's a HS senior - graduates tomorrow! - and she hasn't seen her friends, including her boyfriend since school shut down in March. That day, she told me it felt like the last day of school. Today, she reminded me of that conversation, adding sadly, "If I'd known it really was, I would have done it so differently." I think I'll ask her to write down what she would have done differently. It might be a good way to start a conversation about her losses, but the memories are also likely to be rather poignant, later on down the road.

Just got me riled I guess. I am sick of those disrespecting what to me is a simple request/requirement.

I do have a shirt that says....
"You know that little voice inside your head that says you probably shouldn't say that. Yeah I don't have one of those."
Well I admire you for that!

Back
Top Bottom