Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I think at this rate she's sunk so much into wedding costs (had a venue, videographer, and flowers for today, had a caterer for the reception that was canceled, etc.), she might have to just print her own invites!

We did call her to see how things are going and she said they were probably going to just load up the flowers and take them to groom's brother's house (he's ordained and was supposed to marry them today) and sign the paperwork to make it official. No real ceremony, the flowers are just so they can snap a photo or two. They'll order pizza afterwards.
That whole situation is just so sad. Very unfair to a new life beginning.:(

Lower death rate vs what it would be with the same amount of infections in the elderly population? Did I not previously mention that I am in that younger age range and very high risk and very concerned? Same for my DH. Do you honestly think that I think anything about this virus is that good or great? I have been feeling terrible today with a migraine, barely making me functional so maybe I could have phrased that better but apparently I haven't made it clear enough my opinion about the whole thing.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean my question to come across as rude or judgmental. I honestly did not understand how that could be good news and I wanted clarification. And sadly, I can't keep track of everybody's age and health issues and family members and their health issues on this forum; frankly I'm doing good to keep up with my own health needs and those of my own family members. I'm so sorry you have migraines, I had one once during a pregnancy and I thank God I've never had another; I told my husband-at-the-time if I ever had another he was under orders to shoot me. Those things are horrible. Anyway, perhaps I could have worded my own question better, I know I tend to be blunt and lack social graces at times and I sincerely apologize. Thank you.

@BigBlueHen53
Multiple news outlets are now reporting that someone at that lake party has tested positive.
A released timeline looks like they were out and about at different places/bars all day Sat and all day Sunday.
:he

When they take people's temps with those little wands that go on or very near people's foreheads ..... do they wipe them down between each person???

When they take people's temps with those little wands that go on or very near people's foreheads ..... do they wipe them down between each person???
Don't know, but the readers do not have to touch the people I don't think.
I do know they make ones that you just "point and shoot" at whatever you want a temp on and assume that's what is being used.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean my question to come across as rude or judgmental. I honestly did not understand how that could be good news and I wanted clarification. And sadly, I can't keep track of everybody's age and health issues and family members and their health issues on this forum; frankly I'm doing good to keep up with my own health needs and those of my own family members. I'm so sorry you have migraines, I had one once during a pregnancy and I thank God I've never had another; I told my husband-at-the-time if I ever had another he was under orders to shoot me. Those things are horrible. Anyway, perhaps I could have worded my own question better, I know I tend to be blunt and lack social graces at times and I sincerely apologize. Thank you.
Thank you and sorry too, I can be just as blunt too if a bit.... um... wordy :hmm. The migraines have gotten worse over the past couple years probably related to my condition and triggered by changes with weather. Didn't used to have them at all. Yesterday was one of my worst ones so far, it's hard to describe but it really ran me over. I had to take a timeout for about half the day. The last doctor I saw prescribed something for migraines but it made them happen more often so I dunno...

Oh. Good. HEAVENS! I SOOOO want to respond to this ... but I don't dare go there. As punchy as we all are, and with the ... ummm ... wit ... we seem to generate .... Admin'll shut us down in a HEARTBEAT!
I WILL be a good girl ...
I WILL be a Good girl ...
I WILL be a Good Girl! ...

Now ... if I could just unclench my teeth ...

Okay - I give up .... but I'll keep it "nice>"
The medical experts" DO tell us that the masks are to protect others, not ourselves ... so, the analogy kinda works!
(Rolls eyes skyward)

My soon to be 8th grader is asking me if I'll consider it .....
I have both secular and non-secular home schooling as well as unschooling experience with our kiddos.
The best case scenario is knowing the kid has self-drive for discovery that out weighs the current laziness gene......

I know, she just seems like a cheap skate.
Oh lol. I honestly think a lot of people are that way now with chickens. They want to do everything the cheapest way possible and they don’t realize in the end that doing it that way rarely works. If you want a nice flock, you have to invest in them with a nice shelter, quality feed, and space.

Oh lol. I honestly think a lot of people are that way now with chickens. They want to do everything the cheapest way possible and they don’t realize in the end that doing it that way rarely works. If you want a nice flock, you have to invest in them with a nice shelter, quality feed, and space.
1) We did our homework, sorta.
2)We went about middle of the road.
3) we enlarged our coop after we designed it. Originally approx 8' x 8' ballpark; final footprint: 10' x 14' and a tapered roofline for 80% ceiling west side(of the 14' length) vents.
4) put run under the same metal roof. Current total footprint? ~28' wide x ~20+ feet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom