Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

It's just a number, Darlin'! Focus on your health, not the count and you'll do fine. Good luck with that plateau ... sounds like you're on the right track to best it!
It's not as much about the number itself, but how I felt in that weight range.
I never realized how much strain the excess weight puts on your joints. That and getting older, this sucks. LOL
I have the tools (kettle bells) for training, and the knowledge, I just haven't had the motivation. You'd think I would. LOL
This will be a fun contest, and I know it will result in feeling better, even if I do not win the contest.

I don't have the migraines, but I have the super-sensitive eyes. I had cataract surgery very early (Legally blind at 42!) so I have artificial lenses in both eyes. For some reason, bright - even bright-ish - lights are painful. I wear sunglasses so often, and in the strangest places, that I've been asked to take them off so they could check my eyes. It wasn't until later that I realized that the Principal was afraid I was high! We both laughed about it, later, but if I'd realized it earlier, I may have bitten off a head or two ... so I'm glad I was a bit slow on the uptake!
Discovered the migraines via the Flight Surgeon and the Navy eye doctor while active duty ~18 almost 19 y/o not long after switching to 3rd shift....
after the diagnosis I had a dr. note to wear sunglasses at night and double dark lenses protection on the flightline too.

A little amusing backstory. During flight training we had a night flight and as normal they have you stay in a dark room for 20-30 minutes for eyes to fully adjust to the night sky..... I never needed it. I can still close my eyes and count to 10-20 seconds and have near full dilation still.
anyways, while on the flight the capt. called across the headset that we have a few other helos on training missions out here in the coastline off NAS JAX beach.... about 10 minutes later while sitting on the open cargo door scanning the horizon I called out a stationary marking lights at about 2 o'clock.... it took the capt about 4-5 minutes flying in *That* direction for him and the co-pilot (also a student) to make eye contact on the helo while occasionally broadcasting for other helo's out here. I would occasionally give them update on course correction to the lights I saw. They didn't believe me but, kept track of coordinates using the TACNAV iirc. I'd occasionally also ask if they can see it yet; on a few times it seemed to of moved a bit as well and thus I'd have to call out course correction. When the pilot or co-pilot called out eye contact on a bird and lights in the area of what I'd had eyes on the entire time it was really funny having them realize I was not just messing with them. Once we got close enough for everyone on our helo to have eyes on them the capt called out for the other helo and said he was going to flash our spotlight in their direction off their port side and to respond when they see us..... The other training pilot responded and wondered why we were calling them out? Capt told them he had a student who spotted them and it took us about 5 minutes flying toward them and occasionally adjusting as the student said it appeared to move and I wasn't sure he was being truthful. The other pilot called back with a compliment for my impressive night vision & that they were practicing dipping so the did in fact move a few times in the last few minutes.

Not long after this is when the migraines showed up.... When the eye dr. would use that blue crystal to inspect my eye it was instantanious tears and blinking and pulling away from the chin rest... he finally asked me to describe the 'pain' he initially thought I was faking. On a follow up visiit I asked him to use the weakest "dilation drops" and he finally agreed. I was able to come up with a metaphor for him to visibly shudder when he asked again... I said it felt like 200 grit sandpaper rubbed against the backside of my eyeballs when he used the light with that blue crystal and the other pryzems as well as when the headache gets ramped up at the hanger or elsewhere.

To this day I still wear sunglasses driving at night as headlights can actually blind me from time to time. The now not-so-new HID's are absolute murder to my eyes if they are not correctly aligned.....

I can still consciously dilate my eyes but, have yet to figure out how to consciously constrict them.

lol pictures of what? Me with haphazard hair and a chicken on my shoulder while I'm saying oh god please don't poo on me?
no silly, them following you around the yard..... of course that pic wouldn't hurt at all either. (smirks)

Last edited:
Discovered the migraines via the Flight Surgeon and the Navy eye doctor while active duty ~18 almost 19 y/o not long after switching to 3rd shift....
after the diagnosis I had a dr. note to wear sunglasses at night and double dark lenses protection on the flightline too.

A little amusing backstory. During flight training we had a night flight and as normal they have you stay in a dark room for 20-30 minutes for eyes to fully adjust to the night sky..... I never needed it. I can still close my eyes and count to 10-20 seconds and have near full dilation still.
anyways, while on the flight the capt. called across the headset that we have a few other helos on training missions out here in the coastline off NAS JAX beach.... about 10 minutes later while sitting on the open cargo door scanning the horizon I called out a stationary marking lights at about 2 o'clock.... it took the capt about 4-5 minutes flying in *That* direction for him and the co-pilot (also a student) to make eye contact on the helo while occasionally broadcasting for other helo's out here. I would occasionally give them update on course correction to the lights I saw. They didn't believe me but, kept track of coordinates using the TACNAV iirc. I'd occasionally also ask if they can see it yet; on a few times it seemed to of moved a bit as well and thus I'd have to call out course correction. When the pilot or co-pilot called out eye contact on a bird and lights in the area of what I'd had eyes on the entire time it was really funny having them realize I was not just messing with them. Once we got close enough for everyone on our helo to have eyes on them the capt called out for the other helo and said he was going to flash our spotlight in their direction off their port side and to respond when they see us..... The other training pilot responded and wondered why we were calling them out? Capt told them he had a student who spotted them and it took us about 5 minutes flying toward them and occasionally adjusting as the student said it appeared to move and I wasn't sure he was being truthful. The other pilot called back with a compliment for my impressive night vision & that they were practicing dipping so the did in fact move a few times in the last few minutes.

Not long after this is when the migraines showed up.... When the eye dr. would use that blue crystal to inspect my eye it was instantanious tears and blinking and pulling away from the chin rest... he finally asked me to describe the 'pain' he initially thought I was faking. On a follow up visiit I asked him to use the weakest "dilation drops" and he finally agreed. I was able to come up with a metaphor for him to visibly shudder when he asked again... I said it felt like 200 grit sandpaper rubbed against the backside of my eyeballs when he used the light with that blue crystal and the other pryzems as well as when the headache gets ramped up at the hanger or elsewhere.

To this day I still wear sunglasses driving at night as headlights can actually blind me from time to time. The now not-so-new HID's are absolute murder to my eyes if they are not correctly aligned.....

I can still consciously dilate my eyes but, have yet to figure out how to consciously constrict them.
Out of curiosity do you have a light color shade of eyes?

no silly, them following you around the yard..... of course that pic wouldn't hurt at all either. (smirks)
Well to be honest I tried to get *it* out of the coop for some yard time but this one was more interested in the food than anything else. I change my mind maybe I learn more towards it being a cockerel considering how little the color resembles the other three. It's either a cockerel or it's not a pure dark brahma that's all I can figure.

Mine are flashing lights, and abrupt light changes from dark inside to bright sun outside. My best treatment is going to bed and sleeping through it.
i have several tweaks ot tidbits that i use to deal with them... depending on what stage i am able to catch or stop them ....

20200402_182445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom