Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

A tiny bit of comfort in my area....

My local quilt guild was slow to cancel our regular meetings, but after SHTF the powers that be had to heed state mandates and shut things down. Lately they have been putting feelers out via emails about when to get things going again, like perhaps an August meeting, and a fair number of members are like..."Oh heck no! Not even with a tyvek body suit and a 10' pole!"

It's heartening because on the few few times I've had to go out for groceries and necessities people have been going against state mandates and have not been cautious at all. All along there have been parties, large gatherings, and a total lack of concern here..... By in large you'd never really know there was a pandemic going on.
Good to know there are other folks around who have been staying home and being smart and considerate towards others. I love the quilting community!

Last edited:
Very interesting about the masks. I've actually NEVER worn one!

I also don't sneeze, cough or violate any body's space or shake hands, haven't for many years now. And very people violate my space. Being a large heavily muscled bald headed goatee wearing upper middle age man has its plusses!

I recently got tested for COVID and found that I have the anti-bodies which is great. My doc said that all these people that have avoided people, wearing masks constantly and constantly cleaning themselves may find it hard for their bodies to fight the disease or build up anti-bodies.

Our Lord and Savior knew what he was doing when he made our immune system, and white blood cells are A-OK in my book!

People, you have to live and quit listening to the lying news media!

God Bless and Happy Independence Day! (Our Brilliant Founding Fathers would be horrified at the amount of freedoms some people have gladly given up!)
Wearing the mask does nothing to protect you, it's to protect others. Testing positive for the antibodies means that you carried ... and SHED (shared) the virus. I wonder how many people got sick because you were too busy gloating over your heavily-muscled bald headed goatee wearing upper middle class ego.

I think that is an amazing change of course! Taking a bad and making it positive is still a bit beyond me and this point, but you give me hope GF! Enough so that I poked around a little bit about it.
One of the things I so loved about kiddo's teachers were the ones who realized what a happy lovebug kiddo was and didn't try to change that. Instead of crushing the compassion for others, some teachers respected it and I thank teachers like yourself who recognize
the individualism of a child in this cookie cutter world.

So, how was the first day of the course? Ready for the second one yet? No? Get it in gear GF!!

(...sorry for the late reply....it's been really busy here too)
I finished it up today ... there was an awful lot of info there, but it wasn't too terribly difficult. There was some history of the disease and some protocol info, but a lot of it was about communication and how to get people to talk ... building rapport to get the info needed and share what they need. There's a lot more to it than I realized, but I've done most of it - successfully and on a District-level sale - in my 20+ years of Scouting. I never dreamed that all those hours of volunteering would pay off more than my years of service with the State. Now, if I can only translate that into gainful employment ...

Is it a sex-linked trait, or do girls also burn things down as youngsters?!
Sorry, couldn't resist here. Our son set a fire near the house in straw one summer; amazing how fast we moved to put it out!
One of my cousins, long ago, burned their neighbor' garage down, a story nearly never told...
Mary
Ummm ... can I vote "sex-linked" while looking aimlessly around, whistling and shuffling my feet with my fingers crossed behind my back?

I finished it up today ... there was an awful lot of info there, but it wasn't too terribly difficult. There was some history of the disease and some protocol info, but a lot of it was about communication and how to get people to talk ... building rapport to get the info needed and share what they need. There's a lot more to it than I realized, but I've done most of it - successfully and on a District-level sale - in my 20+ years of Scouting. I never dreamed that all those hours of volunteering would pay off more than my years of service with the State. Now, if I can only translate that into gainful employment ...
Wow, that was fast! Way to go! :highfive:
Now, here's to hopefully getting what you are looking for pronto! :fl:fl

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!! Cheering for you and your growing “Contact List” !!!

So glad the course was fast!!

Back
Top Bottom