Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

You wouldn’t get a headache from mine. It just has bbq sauce and low sodium soy sauce.

I think my dehydrator won’t be here until tomorrow so stuff will be nice and marinated.

The tomato chips I heard are amazing. Banana chips that are flavored are amazing as well. Apple chips are always amazing especially on salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette
Apple Chips ... :drool

yes as a new leader I got the girls overlooked after the veteran leaders handpicked from the newbies. I even had to scrounge to find my own meeting place. My daughter liked it for 3 years, then went to 4H with some friends. I like that organization much better
X100 - My girls stayed together through Cadets, but they're still friends. 4H is MUCH more fun ... at least it was until Covid hit ... sigh ...

Yeah, it's really troupe dependent, but that's precisely the problem - you had no way of getting into the "right troupe" unless you were geographically located in an ideal location. The organization itself does nothing to support and promote the skills and activities that boyscouts do.

D's sister was a girl scout and quit because she hated it. I mean, sure yeah D learned to sew (not half as well as me in neither) but girl scouts was terrible for her. She wanted to do the things the boy scouts were doing and couldn't.

@MROO, the boyscouts gender inclusion applies to every boyscout program now, not just cubscouts. And it was created largely so families could have siblings participate in the same sorts of activities as their siblings. I think it's pretty great, personally. I agree that women should be substantially involved in the leadership roles, though.

So I talked to D about our BSA chat and he flipped out and got really excited about the whole thing, started showing me all of his old BSA stuff. I guess he's had his BSA handbook in his car for years now (??? Not sure why he never brought it in) and started talking to me about knots and stuff. :p Turns out I know most of the knots he was showing me (again, just from faffing about as a kid), I just have no idea what they're called.
I was also surprised by some of the the things in the boy scouts code that I am 100% sure are not actually followed much in the BSA. But they are interesting none the less.
Also, turns out the Wood Badge has very little to do with "normal" BSA badge skills, so I might not be interested in it. But I might be willing to do troupe work anyhow and learn it on the way.

But there's not really anything we can participate in right now, so it's largely gonna be on the back-burner. But I'm glad he's so enthusiastic about it; I feel like I'd really need his support to follow through.

I've been pondering other skill building over the winter, in particular building a small wood burning kiln and doing clay pottery. But that's pricing out to be a little expensive so I'm not sure I wanna go through with it. It'd be around $100 in regular bricks, $250 in firebrick, $50 mortar. Plus ordering clay and firewood. 😬
On the other hand, if I build said kiln it could move with me when I move in the next couple years. So it's not like it'd be a waste. But it IS pricey.
We're considering using regular clay bricks and just dealing with it if they crack because then it'd only be like $200.
Sounds like it's time to start up the ol' barter system again. Find someone who has fire bricks & figure out what they need that you have or can do. It's the original "flip" system and it works great!

You wouldn’t get a headache from mine. It just has bbq sauce and low sodium soy sauce.

I think my dehydrator won’t be here until tomorrow so stuff will be nice and marinated.

The tomato chips I heard are amazing. Banana chips that are flavored are amazing as well. Apple chips are always amazing especially on salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette
That sounds delicious!!! I think the headache usually comes form the chemicals or preservatives or whatever they put in there. I get it from hot dogs too haha

And I sometimes even just eat apple chips as a snack lol

Venture Scouting is part of BSA, but a whole different animal. The biggest down side to Venturing was - and still is - that the minimum age is fourteen. But, that flips to a positive, because Boy Scouts age out at eighteen, but Venturing continues to twenty-one.
Yeah they should make it for younger ages! But I guess they figure it’s more adventurous or dangerous stuff or something? 😂:confused:

It is cool it goes longer though for sure!

You gals were in the wrong troop! My girls did everything the Big Boys did ... and then some, even as kids. As a leader, we went on some awfully cool trips and did some really neat projects. My girls were definitely NOT the sit-home-and-sew type. Did we sew? yup. Even my boys needed to know how to mend their own clothes and sew on a button ... and a merit badge or rank patch. It's a life skill. But in sewing class, we moved from reattaching buttons to making a tent-pole carry bag out of an old pair of jeans. They were SO proud of their work ... and they had a right to be!
Oh wow that’s amazing!!! I wish our troop was like that haha definitely wasn’t 😂🤣 I wouldn’t have quit eventually if it was haha my friends did too

Back
Top Bottom