Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Craigslist has some but they're a lil expensive. They're actually the same cost to build as the ones from the store but twice as thick so if I have to spend that much I know where to go. 🤔 But I know some guys who do forge work, blacksmithing, glassworking, etc. So I'm reaching out to those people to ask if they have a crate lying around or some broken ones or something that they'd like to barter for some meat or veggies. I'm about to have an insane amount of freshly canned tomatoes and a LOT of butternut squashes coming in, plus a litter of bunnies growing out and several cockerels I just put in the freezer. So I have Things to Offer.

Oh man, I also need to take a trip to a craft store soon. I have some animal skulls I'm going to be crafting into jewelry that I can offer.

Ouch!

My household fared pretty well, all things considered. The rest of town? Not so much! If you Google North East, MD flood, you'll get some interesting footage & pics. It was CRAZY around here!
I'm glad you were able to salvage the Princess' projects. He!! hath no fury like a crafter scorned! And Nope, I'm not wasting any love on Isaias, either. I'd just as soon the lil' B$%#$& stayed away, myself.
Here's to hoping we all dry out quickly!
So glad your house was spared, MROO! Wow, what devastation all around you! :hugs

I totally understand. HONEST I do. BUT I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!!!!!
I just want to go into hibernation until it's all over, but the blasted mortgage company wants their money. And the Power Company wants their money. And the grocery stores will NOT let us eat for free. Then there's the pharmacist and the feed store and the college tuition and the and the and the and the ...
I WANT MY MOMMY! No, wait, she's under lockdown because of the virus and my stepfather's health. I want my teddy bear?
I quit.
:hugs There, there...... 🐻

??
What did I miss? That statement wasn't about you silly goose.
I fed into the whole Boy Scout nonsense. I can't help it - my whole family has lived and breathed Scouting for years. At least I stayed on the positive side! :)

Oh - and for the record ... I don't DO "goose." We're strictly chicken people here ... no gooses or dux for us ... at least not at the moment! :lau

Yesterday on How COVID19 affected my daily life;
It 's a sad state of affairs. It's also a shame that Son1 felt he had to return his badge. The work he did to earn it isn't lessened by the current shifts.He can always be proud of what he did,even if he doesn't agree with what they are, now. Once and Eagle, Always an Eagle!

Personally, I think the offer to the Scouts is a neat one, but it should be directed at the Boy Scout level, not the Cubbies. From the start, Cubs have always been female led (remember Den Mothers?) That was mainly because Dad's were out working and Moms had charge of the youngsters of either gender.

On an interesting note, the original Scouts - created back in England by Lord Baden-Powell, were open to both genders and was known simply as "Scouting." Gender differentiation started when Juliette Lowe brought the concept back to the US and started the Girl Scout movement.

Personally, as a die-hard Scout working both sides of the program, I honestly believe that each gender needs their own program. It's part of who we are as humans. And again - in my own humble (or not) opinion, BSA missed a golden opportunity. They already HAD a viable coed program in Venturing. To me, it would have been ideal - and much less disruptive - to expand THAT program into the younger ages. Venturing already allowed Scouts to pursue their Eagle, so that portion would have been opened to the girls and younger boys. All of the other opportunities and safeguards available to both boys and girls would simply have opened up to a broader age range.

That's my two-cents on the issue ... but who listens to the volunteers who form the backbone of this age-old institutions? Certainly not those in "authority," that's for sure!

Thanks for the well written and insightful post, I appreciate it.

My son's decision to return his Eagle Scout Badge was NOT first and foremost, anything having to do with sexuality or females, it had to do with the "Dumbing Down" of the entire process of the scouting. And then the mismanagement and financial debacle that has resulted in the BSA.

It saddens me that some people on this thread immediately jumped to conclusions and attempted to frame my son as a bigot.

My son went on to become a Paramedid/Firefighter and works Construction as a Welder/PipeFitter. His scouting skills certainly played a role in his career. He still is proud of his Eagle Scout and High Adventure Accomplishments.

And shame on anyone who jumped to conclusion based on some BS sexual related reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom