Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

We can grow watermelon up north cold short season. I did pretty good with sugar baby but best melons I've ever had few yrs running is blacktail mountain developed by Sand Hill Preservation Center. I didn't get them from there, have bought chickens from him just never seeds. Got them from Baker Creek. Tons of small melons. This yr all my plants died, had melons but died. Had a super infestation of cucumber beatles this yr, they really liked them and my pumpkins loaded up in the flowers. Neem oil didn't save the watermelons but my pumpkins are doing great.

We can grow watermelon up north cold short season. I did pretty good with sugar baby but best melons I've ever had few yrs running is blacktail mountain developed by Sand Hill Preservation Center. I didn't get them from there, have bought chickens from him just never seeds. Got them from Baker Creek. Tons of small melons. This yr all my plants died, had melons but died. Had a super infestation of cucumber beatles this yr, they really liked them and my pumpkins loaded up in the flowers. Neem oil didn't save the watermelons but my pumpkins are doing great.
My pumpkins haven’t even produced anything yet lol

I just cut up a watermelon and am doing some for the first time!! can't wait
Did you put it in yet?

It takes forever, but it’s so worth it. My husband doesn’t get the same flavor I do. I think his taste buds are junk 😂 it’s so darn sweet like candy. One small bite and I’m fully satisfied of my sweet craving!

Has anyone noticed online companies are becoming quite generous if your orders are late?

My dehydrator still isn’t here so I messaged Walmart. They say it’ll come and they’re sending me a free gift once I get it. No clue what the free gift is but I’ll take a gadget or something. I’m not too worried since I borrowed my friends.

The dehydrator was supposed to be delivered last Thursday.

.... My husband doesn’t get the same flavor I do. I think his taste buds are junk 😂 it’s so darn sweet like candy. One small bite and I’m fully satisfied of my sweet craving!
I think the majority of Americans' taste buds are nearly dead. Give them sugar, fat and salt and they're happy.

I just don't get sweet cravings any more.

Last edited:
watermelon went in last night at 11:30. can't wait! 18-24 hrs
I did mine for 18. Then I let it cool and it became like a breakable candy. Like jolly ranchers were melted and made into flat pieces.

I sent some to my husbands work so his healthy coworker can try some. I also sent some tomato chips with oregano.

zucchini is so full of water it would take forever I would think
Actually because the cell structures are so soft, they give up the moisture very quickly and dry rather fast. Not as fast as things like kale or spinach, but usually overnight is all that is needed for zucchini here. Shreds or thin slices...dries right up and keeps very well.

TIP: The longer you leave a zucchini (of any size) sitting on the counter the more it starts to dry the excess moisture on it's own. When I know I will be drying zucchini, or using it for muffins or what not, I leave it on the counter for at least a week....sometimes two.

(heck, sometimes even three because I'm just so busy or have too many...lol)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom