Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Actually because the cell structures are so soft, they give up the moisture very quickly and dry rather fast. Not as fast as things like kale or spinach, but usually overnight as all that is needed for zucchini here. Shreds or thin slices...dries right up and keeps very well.

TIP: The longer you leave a zucchini (of any size) sitting on the counter the more it starts to dry the excess moisture on it's own. When I know I will be drying zucchini, or using it for muffins or what not, I leave it on the counter for at least a week....sometimes two.

(heck, sometimes even three because I'm just so busy or have too many...lol)
Can you make kale chips in a dehydrator?

Has anyone noticed online companies are becoming quite generous if your orders are late?

My dehydrator still isn’t here so I messaged Walmart. They say it’ll come and they’re sending me a free gift once I get it. No clue what the free gift is but I’ll take a gadget or something. I’m not too worried since I borrowed my friends.

The dehydrator was supposed to be delivered last Thursday.

Well, the latest news (today) straight out of a Fox News interview is that funds are being deliberately withheld from the post office. :T Lots of people complaining that they're not making money... They're a publicly funded service, not a business. Why would they need to make money? It costs $20 to send a letter to my pals out in the country with FedEx, and like $1 with the post office. Shipping eggs is like $8-$12 depending on where they're going and if I use a flat rate box or not, I don't even wanna think of what that's like for UPS to a rural address where many of them go... I love that my households taxes go towards the post office. It's incredibly useful. I want to see it functioning again.

Lots of shipping times even for small miscellaneous items are really high right now. We've ordered a few things recently and been quoted DOUBLE the shipping times on them from earlier this year. It wasn't that way a month ago - even with the increased USPS usage from the virus things were only delayed by a day or two unless they were coming from China. None of them have been offering discounts or anything, though.

I've been considering doing an etsy for my cleaned animal bones but shipping right now is unreliable and crazy. I hope it settles down over the winter so if my kiln stuff works out maybe I can throw those on there too. 😬

Well, the latest news (today) straight out of a Fox News interview is that funds are being deliberately withheld from the post office. :T Lots of people complaining that they're not making money... They're a publicly funded service, not a business. Why would they need to make money? It costs $20 to send a letter to my pals out in the country with FedEx, and like $1 with the post office. Shipping eggs is like $8-$12 depending on where they're going and if I use a flat rate box or not, I don't even wanna think of what that's like for UPS to a rural address where many of them go... I love that my households taxes go towards the post office. It's incredibly useful. I want to see it functioning again.

Lots of shipping times even for small miscellaneous items are really high right now. We've ordered a few things recently and been quoted DOUBLE the shipping times on them from earlier this year. It wasn't that way a month ago - even with the increased USPS usage from the virus things were only delayed by a day or two unless they were coming from China. None of them have been offering discounts or anything, though.

I've been considering doing an etsy for my cleaned animal bones but shipping right now is unreliable and crazy. I hope it settles down over the winter so if my kiln stuff works out maybe I can throw those on there too. 😬
The company can't even tell me where it is. If we cannot get mail that will be insane. It took 2 weeks for a bill to get delivered to a state that is only 8 hours away.

The taxes are being taken away on check I think starting September 1st if they do not come up with a relief package... This whole thing is insane right now

They probably wouldn't need it if it wasn't for the bill that made them have to pay into a pension/health/whatever fund for the entire service for the next 75 years. :idunno They're an extremely efficient model of operation and prior to that were operating at a bit of a net gain.

I think we're all very concerned about what comes next in the way of relief packages too. I have NO idea what's gonna happen with my immune compromised sister right now either. College is going to be starting up again before we know it and she can't handle in person classes..... But she was going to school full time and working at the tutoring center at school....

Good news is that D just got a job (not an exciting one, not in his field, but moderately paid) so we're financially secure. His fellow graduates not so much. One of the people he graduated with (same degree, same time, similar college experience) has applied to 50+ jobs and got a whopping 3 interviews. It's all just a mess.

Some think the PO hold ups/limited funding may (may) be deliberate in order to interfere with mail election ballots this fall since volunteers to run polling places is already a problem, let alone the safety of going to a polling place in person this year.

There was literally an interview today where it was said that's why it was being done. >_>
Direct quotes from the interview;

“They don’t have the money to do the universal mail-in voting. So therefore, they can’t do it, I guess, Are they going to do it even if they don’t have the money?”
“But therefore they don’t have it. They don’t have the money to do the universal mail-in votes.”
“Therefore, they can’t do the universal mail-in vote. It’s very simple. How are they going to do it if they don’t have the money to do it?”

Some think the PO hold ups/limited funding may (may) be deliberate in order to interfere with mail election ballots this fall since volunteers to run polling places is already a problem, let alone the safety of going to a polling place in person this year.
I heard this too. You know Richmond... Well my dehydrator WAS there and I am only about 30 mins away from that headquarter PO. It has been saying it is in transit for 3 DAYS!!! I do not think I will even get it because something is screwy with the mail. We have not got mail for weeks! I am glad I got my new plates for the truck at least.

They probably wouldn't need it if it wasn't for the bill that made them have to pay into a pension/health/whatever fund for the entire service for the next 75 years. :idunno They're an extremely efficient model of operation and prior to that were operating at a bit of a net gain.

I think we're all very concerned about what comes next in the way of relief packages too. I have NO idea what's gonna happen with my immune compromised sister right now either. College is going to be starting up again before we know it and she can't handle in person classes..... But she was going to school full time and working at the tutoring center at school....

Good news is that D just got a job (not an exciting one, not in his field, but moderately paid) so we're financially secure. His fellow graduates not so much. One of the people he graduated with (same degree, same time, similar college experience) has applied to 50+ jobs and got a whopping 3 interviews. It's all just a mess.

There was literally an interview today where it was said that's why it was being done. >_>
Direct quotes from the interview;

“They don’t have the money to do the universal mail-in voting. So therefore, they can’t do it, I guess, Are they going to do it even if they don’t have the money?”
“But therefore they don’t have it. They don’t have the money to do the universal mail-in votes.”
“Therefore, they can’t do the universal mail-in vote. It’s very simple. How are they going to do it if they don’t have the money to do it?”
It is a complete mess... I am upset that I paid for this product and it has been almost 2 weeks and it is still in transit! It is priority mail, that is 4 day tops!

The company did offer me a partial refund or a gift when I get it. I wonder what they would even send me for a gift lol and if I would even get it!

Back
Top Bottom