Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

No fear here, but I'm not stupid either.

That's exactly it, isn't it? We have to be aware, be responsible and then be determined and sometimes even brave in going about our lives as fully and as safely as possible.

Americans in other trying times made bandages and grew Victory Gardens and ate from ration books and raised money to fund the war effort. They gave the rubber from their tires. They lived in the dark large parts of the time. Though the needs and the methodologies may be different in this struggle there's no reason we can't rise to the challenge too. ...and no excuse for not doing it.

Last edited:
I’m so sorry @electrycmonk. I don’t understand how insensitive some people are to all the suffering this disease has brought. My condolences to you and your entire family.
Sadly, I have started to *feel like I understand* ?? I think I have anyways... it's as if their compassion reciever is out of alignment and they don't "see/hear/feel" ... Kinda like when we used to have to adjust the 'rabbit ears' on the TV for UHF channels.... Or the dial for the radio.... All they hear is "white noise" ....../shrugs

Keep in mind, Electric Monk, that things don't appear here in the same real time as a conversation. Something may be posted before something else is read.

I offer this in case it makes something difficult seem less personal and hurtful. I'm sure no one is willing to worsen your pain. We all know what it is to lose someone we love whatever we feel about the virus.

So sorry for your loss and that circumstances had to make it more difficult for you and your wife. I know she has better memories. I hope you do too. And I hope the time when those memories crowd out the pain comes more quickly than you can guess now.

Best wishes in this tough time.
Thank you. And as do I hope for the pain to heal faster....(deep sigh)

Keep in mind, Electric Monk, that things don't appear here in the same real time as a conversation. Something may be posted before something else is read.

I offer this in case it makes something difficult seem less personal and hurtful. I'm sure no one is willing to worsen your pain.
Oh, I *know*.... I used to be a sys-mod on a FreeNet in Battle Creek Mi, back in the days of 2400-14.4K baud rate modems.

Don't you know? They were just unavoidable to save the economy but if that's morally reprehensible they died because they were stupid, and if it's the responsibility of the government they were mislabeled and if they weren't mislabeled they lived in a 5g zone.... :th

Didn't get to vote today. Line was a good solid 4 hours. We're gonna try on a weekday.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom