Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Neither. I did no purchasing. These are masking tape constriction. The skeleton hand has straws for the base of the bones. The hands have plastic single use grocery bags in them as filling. The femur bones are made out of appropriately sized sticks and more bags and tape. I'll show more pictures when it's not dark out - they're drying under my awning out back after having been sprayed. All the hands were modeled after my own hands.

I'm more sharing prices for similar objects because I'm a midwesterner and we love a good deal and some handycrafts. XD The only thing I bought was the $10 can of spray paint. The finishing paints and masking tape I had lying around. The masking tape got rained on and is mostly useless as masking tape too and it tears terribly. I used maybe 1 roll across all the projects.
Well, I'm impressed, that skeleton hand is freaky awesome! 😄

My father had a nasty temper long before he got dementia but, he also had seizures now and then - from his many hits to his head (from his dumb projects). He was just dead weight. I had to get a neighbor to help me get him up and then call for the usual ambulance.

Plus he kept getting aspiration pneumonia because he couldn't remember how to swallow properly. Ended up in a nursing home where he caused plenty commotions, whizzing around in a wheel chair and stealing personal possessions from other patients. Also had s -- t fits when they gave out a cookie to each patient after dinner. He didn't want just one.
Still lived to be 90. Came back to haunt me on at least two occasions. :oops:

Last edited:
I understand completely, Nancy. Dad was happily confused. Mom turned violent. It was hard to deal with. Before she died we talked about it and she asked me what had happened. I told her and she just said. I don't remember. She had suffered so many mini strokes that she didn't. I told her that was great because it was bad enough that I remembered it happening to my dad and myself.

Alzheimers and Alzheimers related dementias are the stealers of minds and lives. The patient doesn't suffer nearly as much as the family members witnessing their decline suffers.

There is a special place in heaven for all involved.

Back
Top Bottom