Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

So, yesterday was our *towns* halloween trick er treat door front walk for the little kids. (Rolls eyes at them) it's a single 4-way stop sign town of ~4500
The usual cycling the the intersection at 5PM is maybe 2-3 minutes in heavy traffic.

Traffic cones on all 4 corners.
4 LEO'S (no masks & no social distancing
It took me more that 10 minutes to get thru the intersection with them doing traffic control for families to do the walk with kiddos.
In that time I saw 1 family wearing masks and trying to social.distance other families and random folks. Well, I stopped counting at 30+ families of trick er treaters intermingling with no masks or regard for social distancing. I also got new emails of later new cases in high and middle school.
My 23y/o yesterday driving by the middle school (left side) & subway (right side) saw all kids of kids w/no masks all packed into subway.....

I was just headed to vote at the one local site I always goto. There was a steady stream of folks to vote, no real "line" to be honest.

So I'm waiting to hear either tonight or tomorrow what my Better-half & other daughters test results are.....
We're waiting too. :pop

I called for a doctor's appointment and they won't give me one until I get tested for Covid. Which involves driving 45 minutes to an hour one way to CVS. Once I get to a town, of course I will shop for stuff we need. In the meantime, I have a sinus infection and ear infection that has been chronic going on 5 years now. Of course, idk how long it takes to get the test back. I am just tired of being sick with this.
Condolences to all who have lost a loved one to this terrible pandemic. I fear it will never end.
It will. 🙂. Might be close to another year, but it will. 💐🌺🌼

Our church is having a trunk or treat. Different than other times of course. Cars parked..apart. Children must be with an adult. Stay apart, wait your turn.. Folks handing out candy using gloves, kids can't put hands in bowl. Sounds like a plan. I'll have candy here for the older kids that will come later, I don't doubt they will. I can hand them a candy bar through my door partially open..I have a glass front door.

halloween1.jpg
halloween2.jpg
halloween3.jpg
halloween4.jpg
halloween5.jpg
halloween6.jpg

Nobody bothers to come to our street anymore. Too dark and only 8 houses. They go to the park district & schools for organized parties. Don't know if that still applies with the virus :idunno

Halloween used to be my favorite holiday when I was a kid. Just once I went out in my 20's to see what it felt like. :hit wasn't the same .

BTW I am very petite and tried to disquise my voice .Plus I was a cone head(if you recall from Saturday Night live) and no one knew what that was. Kids kept far away from me. :oops:

@drumstick diva Last time I went out trick or treating I was 19. I thought the pain I was in was due to my cycle which was on its way out. I was having a wee bit of trouble getting around and took a few short (like 2 minute) rests but it was still fun. I had my dog with me and was little red riding hood and my dog was my wolf. A few people gave her treats too.

Turned out I was having trouble getting around because I had appendicitis. :lau Didn't go to the doctor for another week after that because the pain wasn't as bad as my cycles were so I figured it couldn't possibly be serious. But then it persisted and got a little worse at night so I went. Doctors all freaked out and asked how I was still alive and not writhing on the floor in pain or popped like a balloon from walking around for 2 hours trick or treating. Kinda spooked myself with that one. Now I rely on my partners to judge my health and tell me to go to the doctor. :p And now I stay home and hand out candy and celebrate Samhain instead. XD

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom