Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I guess people see what they want to see.

Some of us are looking to stop Covid where we can so everyone can get back to normal as soon as possible. We are not Pollyannas who believe we can make it disappear. But we do want to get past this without playing Russian Roulette with the virus.

Bingo. And I am VERY hype for the vaccine. *Local* sister with 3 kids (not the asthmatic) says she definitely got it in the Pfeizer trial she partook in because the vaccine site side effects were substantial. Which means chances are good that I'll have the same effects and gonna be real, they last 3-4 days and I'm 100% down for that. We will rotate who gets the vaccine when so we can keep up with chores despite any side effects. Plus Pfeizers vaccine is getting a UK release early so we'll have a LOT of data!

Even after that I'll wear a mask but at least I'll be *safer*.

Reduce the spread- and reduce the number of deaths. Even though wearing a mask doesn’t seem like it does a lot, it helps.

Yep. Even with non compliance case counts rise 50% slower in mask mandated counties. That's a LOT.

Reduce the spread- and reduce the number of deaths. Even though wearing a mask doesn’t seem like it does a lot, it helps.
So... doesn’t that mean we would have to wear masks forever just to reduce it a little bit? What about the young children being affected? Who knows the developmental affects it is having on small children. Any social interaction in schools are now masked. Facial expressions are used for a majority of communication.

So... doesn’t that mean we would have to wear masks forever just to reduce it a little bit? What about the young children being affected? Who knows the developmental affects it is having on small children. Any social interaction in schools are now masked. Facial expressions are used for a majority of communication.

I mean kids 100 years ago came out the same from the 1918 flus as kids now - no notable effects were reported. We've got a lot of data from this already.

And the idea is to reduce the spread as much as humanly possible until we have a better management system like a vaccine. Then everyone who wants to be safer can get that and be safer and everyone who wants suicide by disease can have at it.

Having said that - mask wearing DOES reduce a LOT of contagions and is a good idea anyhow if you're unwell. It's just way MORE critical now. I've worn masks when sick with things like pneumonia in the past and the other housemates didn't get it despite it being very contagious.

How often would you guys say you buy feed? How many birds / animals do you have & how much feed do you normally buy?

Sorry for my feed obsession. I’m just curious. :oops:

For me, I buy feed bi-weekly. I have a total of 24 chickens, almost 30 guineas, 7 call ducks, and 10 quail. I buy anywhere from 4-6 50lb bags of feed when I go. I also have reptiles indoors, and I buy them feeder crickets every other week as well. I usually buy 50-60 at a time at ¢13 per cricket. I only have to buy feed for my rabbit once a month, he doesn’t really eat all that much. I buy cat food bi-weekly, and get a 25lb bag, usually.

Bingo. And I am VERY hype for the vaccine. *Local* sister with 3 kids (not the asthmatic) says she definitely got it in the Pfeizer trial she partook in because the vaccine site side effects were substantial. Which means chances are good that I'll have the same effects and gonna be real, they last 3-4 days and I'm 100% down for that. We will rotate who gets the vaccine when so we can keep up with chores despite any side effects. Plus Pfeizers vaccine is getting a UK release early so we'll have a LOT of data!

Even after that I'll wear a mask but at least I'll be *safer*.

Yep. Even with non compliance case counts rise 50% slower in mask mandated counties. That's a LOT.
It will take a long time to know side effects of ever.
1607230678942.png

View attachment 2438491
How do you suggest we get rid of the virus if wearing masks, social distancing, and the vaccine doesn’t work?

*Edit to clarify: I do believe wearing masks, social distancing, and the vaccine is the way to reduce the spread and eventually get rid of this virus.

Last edited:
Jumping in here, have not been on this thread in a while so I don't get alerts. Just want to say, my GirlChild has, or may have been, exposed. A kid who works her shift at a fast-food came to work 12/1, came up to the manager unmasked and said he hasn't been feeling well for a few days and can't taste anything, does the boss think he might be sick? My kid was standing right next to the manager and got pretty freaked. She texted me wanting to know if she could stay at a motel for two weeks. She doesn't want to expose me. Makes me pretty nervous too, to be honest. Found out she can't get tested around here unless she has symptoms. Well, that'll be about 14 days too late, won't it? We're trying to practice safety here at home, but .... she's very fragile emotionally. Sometimes she just needs a hug. And I can't make her mask at home. She's 19 and very vulnerable. This damn virus could kill me ... but it's destroying her, and I hate that. I'm sorry. I just had to vent.

View attachment 2438491
So I get a free chemical sterilization in the mix? SWEET! TWO FOR ONE! I know a LOT of ladies who would be SUUUUPER down for that. ;)
Not that it matters. Might wanna fact check literally anything before making easily verifiable/falsifiable claims.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covid-vaccine-female-sterilization/
https://www.babygaga.com/head-of-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-not-female-sterilization/
https://www.ibtimes.sg/fact-check-d...-19-vaccine-causes-female-sterilization-53921

Look, I can post a screenshot too. ;)
1607231183935.png

That article screenshot you shared came from a private blog. I'm so sad you lied to me about it sterilizing me - I don't want kids and thought I was getting a freebie.
OH! If I write a BLOG POST about you giving me money on Medium will you? I can do that! I almost guarantee I can get a REALLY pro looking blog post that says you, personally, should pay me to stay home so you can go out published on a sketchy website. XD

How often would you guys say you buy feed? How many birds / animals do you have & how much feed do you normally buy?

Sorry for my feed obsession. I’m just curious. :oops:

For me, I buy feed bi-weekly. I have a total of 24 chickens, almost 30 guineas, 7 call ducks, and 10 quail. I buy anywhere from 4-6 50lb bags of feed when I go. I also have reptiles indoors, and I buy them feeder crickets every other week as well. I usually buy 50-60 at a time at ¢13 per cricket. I only have to buy feed for my rabbit once a month, he doesn’t really eat all that much. I buy cat food bi-weekly, and get a 25lb bag, usually.

Er, I counted today but the number changed. We have...
25 + 6 + 3 chickens, so 34 right now... About half of those will be food during the next real thaw.

I buy every 2-3 months to reduce trip numbers, and always have. Our nearest feed store is not so near.

Jumping in here, have not been on this thread in a while so I don't get alerts. Just want to say, my GirlChild has, or may have been, exposed. A kid who works her shift at a fast-food came to work 12/1, came up to the manager unmasked and said he hasn't been feeling well for a few days and can't taste anything, does the boss think he might be sick? My kid was standing right next to the manager and got pretty freaked. She texted me wanting to know if she could stay at a motel for two weeks. She doesn't want to expose me. Makes me pretty nervous too, to be honest. Found out she can't get tested around here unless she has symptoms. Well, that'll be about 14 days too late, won't it? We're trying to practice safety here at home, but .... she's very fragile emotionally. Sometimes she just needs a hug. And I can't make her mask at home. She's 19 and very vulnerable. This damn virus could kill me ... but it's destroying her, and I hate that. I'm sorry. I just had to vent.

Very valid vent. :( G is masked at home when he comes out of his room - it's really not so bad. At 19 I was caring for my mom dying of cancer - I bet your kid would seriously mask up if you even gently suggested it and left it up to her. I took my moms health awfully seriously at that age.

Back
Top Bottom