Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I have not been in contact with any of these folks in over a month, and when I was in their presence then I was masked. The fellow who was exposed last Friday tried to get tested, and was told to wait until he showed symptoms as testing was too limited. :eek:
They told us this also. Even when we were showing symptoms here, they refused to test us. Wouldn't test unless you were admitted to the hospital.

Thanks, we're hanging n there. It doesn't seem real. We haven't gathered and grieved, so it's not registering fully. In my family, when someone passes, we all gather. We cry. We laugh. We eat. We do it all over again. Without that support, I just can't wrap my head around the fact that my Dad is gone. I keep wanting to call him with a question. .I still have his voice on my answering machine. If anyone had any suggestions on how to preserve it forever, I'm listening!

As someone who kept the last half dozen or so texts from a friend who died several years ago of breast cancer, I'd buy a new answering machine to use and keep the one with your father's voice.

Feeling sad tonight ... and more than a little apprehensive. Baltimore City, just a county and a short, hour's drive away from us, is pretty much shutting down again as of Friday evening. All restaurants will be carry-out only. All indoor gatherings - public and private - are capped at 10 people. Outdoor gatherings are at 25. No sporting or arena-type events are allowed at all. Shops, churches, service facilities, museums, even the National Aquarium are capped at 25% of their capacities.
Here we go again, Folks. :oops::he :oops:

n3fa9oniihw51.jpg

Took a break today. Didn't get almost any Yule work done except for cleaning the skull for the bone earrings. They should come out pretty good looking. I'm looking forward to the bones being done. I'm going to dry them in salt for a few days before putting them on hooks to make sure they're very dry. Then I paint the teeth gold.

G is doing a bit better. His tummy pain is gone and he says he's feeling a lot better. We videocalled from across the house today and he was looking well rested. :p His sense of taste is still deeply shot, though.

G is doing a bit better. His tummy pain is gone and he says he's feeling a lot better. We videocalled from across the house today and he was looking well rested. :p His sense of taste is still deeply shot, though.

You're so amazingly productive and talented too!

As for G, that taste and smelll thing is the one that seems to persist even after all the other symptoms pass. But it's better than the folks who need to learn new techniques for freakin' breathing!

Encourage him to eat even if he can't taste stuff. He has to stay strong!

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/coping-with-the-loss-of-sense-of-smell-and-taste-2020101921141

You're so amazingly productive and talented too!

As for G, that taste and smelll thing is the one that seems to persist even after all the other symptoms pass. But it's better than the folks who need to learn new techniques for freakin' breathing!

Encourage him to eat even if he can't taste stuff. He has to stay strong!

Hahahaha, thanks. XD I was telling my friend in our videocall today that panic did wonders for my productivity this week but it's been a blur. I lost track of how many days it's been. I can't believe he came home with symptoms as far back as Friday. We're more than half way through his quarantine/contagious period, but not yet half the total time D and I have to stay sequestered. I thought it was like three days ago he got sick because this whole week has been a blur of throwing myself into candlemaking and cocoa bombs and bone cleaning and all to just burn it all off and keep busy and let me get tired enough to sleep past the anxiety. Now that I was a little calmer today I just crashed.

Tomorrow my BFF is dropping off our Yule tree. Very excited and very kind of her. We're going to get all the normal decorations up over the next few days and as soon as G is out of QT we're all gonna decorate the tree together. <3

No worries, he's eating plenty. :) We leave a lot of snacks for him outside his door along with 3 meals a day. When he wants more food he asks - and he does.

Back
Top Bottom