Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Amen ! And keep your opinions and agendas to yourself - I know absolutely unrealistic. Throughout this thread 'THEY' have shown up to beat their drums and insist that 'THEIR' opinion is the 'WAY'. Far better to ignore than to interact.
Yup - It's interesting to see what gets deleted because someone's feelings get hurt and what's allowed to continue when the sensibilities of many are trampled on. This used to be a strong, supportive place to come chat. It's now a venting hotbed of dissension. Watching what gets deleted and what's allowed is nerve-wracking. And now, we're back on the politics we worked so hard to remove ... twice. I'm officially un-watching this thread for awhile. I'll catch up with everybody elsewhere. I'll miss you all ... It's been fun, at least most of it!

I am new to this thread. I am a nurse in a community hospital in the largest city in my state. We are absolutely slammed and overwhelmed. Our beds are full and we are shuffling patients around, trying to make room for everyone who needs care, trying to isolate the COVID+ patients and trying to protect those who are not infected. Our ICU is full. We are taking less acute cases from the large teaching hospital, which is diverting all the patients it can to us and other smaller community hospitals.

Our patients are sicker, because they’re staying home for longer before seeking help. We are seeing more codes than ever before, when we have to perform emergency measures to bring a patient back to life (if we can). We are short staffed and our docs, nurses, techs etc are all burnt out and stressed. Administration is largely unsupportive or absent. We get sick too. There is no hazard pay.

And yet, patients regularly tell me how they think COVID is a hoax. I wish I could show them the patients who are on vents and who are dying alone. It’s heartbreaking and frustrating. I feel so discouraged and it feels like we are working against an unstoppable wall of ignorance.

Thanks for letting me vent. And please wear your masks.
Welcome to the thread and welcome to the forum as well! (Cyber hugs) I have family in your *shoes* as RN's in different states and a few close friends here locally who also are hospital (medical fields) staff. I'm in-home therapy w/special needs folks... I wish I could help you drain the anxiety, mental exhaustion, and lift your spirits as well as your coworkers. If you need to enjoy chicken distraction s here in BYC several of us can help you through your learning curve with any questions - even if you'd prefer to DM (direct message anyone of us or in some cases group DM a few of us.

Sleep when you can. Pray/meditate often (I see them as one and the same)....

I can say for certainty that I have over the last 9-10 months.... (Scratching head) I think somewhere in March I showed up in here... I have talked/written about lifestyle and diet stuff in this thread with folks. I also feel like I've talk/written about recipes to boot. Butidigress.
I just joined this thread.

I'm aware of this.. that's why I was giving you a form of "cliff notes" here in this thread for you to scroll through or skim through or even search throu..... 🤷‍♂️
Thank you! I don’t understand why we never hear in the media all the things we can do to become healthier. I guess people don’t want to hear that stuff. We have far more power than we know.

The dearth of understanding of science in this thread is unflattering to the people who are spouting it.

I admit, Ivermectin looks more promising than I thought. But not as promising as the vaccine. I would be concerned about resistances across the board. It has the potential to effect parasite resistances. The vaccine can't.

Last edited:
What happens if you’re already gay? Asking for a friend.
Tell your friend that I'll risk it if the vaccine gets to me before the Covid does.
To be honest I'm more worried about getting sick than I am about my sexual preferences.
The chickens might be worried though.:p:lol:

The dearth of understanding of science in this thread is unflattering to the people who are spouting it.

I admit, Ivermectin looks more promising than I thought. But not as promising as the vaccine. I would be concerned about resistances across the board. It has the potential to effect parasite resistances. The vaccine can't.
Yes, but the virus will just mutate into something the vaccine won’t help. Everybody gets eaten by something.

Back
Top Bottom