Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Absolutely minimal reaction to the Moderna vaccine.

Good to hear! Let's hope for similar reactions next time.

I've ordered this. I'm going to start wearing it as soon as we've had our second shots and waited the requisite 2 weeks afterward. I feel like it will be my ticket to once again hug the people I love who don't live in my house.

I_mVaccinatedonblue_140x140_crop_center.jpg

Last edited:
I read an interesting story from a writer who drove his mother halfway across the country to get a vaccination. His last line is breathtaking:
For now, I feel like I just drove across a country that is losing a winnable fight.

Read his description of his experience here.

Last edited:
sea shanties.....(mental yumminess)

Gee golly whiz, is my Tech Theatre degree showing too much of its epidurmous again?

That's the same degree my BIL has I think!

If you need some suggestions to explore, I have a number of favorites. Obviously the new Wellerman Tiktiok is remarkably top tier for a reason (a could good compilations on Youtube so you don't have to struggle with tiktok to hear them) but I've recently assembled about 20 songs in specific versions I'm especially fond of.

Key and Peele wrote a remarkably funny one about feminism some years ago that most people haven't heard but it's deeply NSFW. It's also hilarious, though.

Ope and there it is.

"Neutralization of SARS-CoV-2 lineage B.1.1.7 pseudovirus by BNT162b2 vaccine-elicited human sera"
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.01.18.426984v1
" Recently, a new SARS-CoV-2 lineage called B.1.1.7 has emerged in the United Kingdom ...

...Here, we investigated SARS-CoV-2-S pseudoviruses bearing either the Wuhan reference strain or the B.1.1.7 lineage spike protein with sera of 16 participants in a previously reported trial with the mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine BNT162b2. The immune sera had equivalent neutralizing titers to both variants"
1611349600047.png

This is a chart of when they hit neutralization of 50% of the virus in their samples with the old strain and the new one compared side by side. There's a greater spread, but also a very small sample size and highly similar averages. Which means the extremes might be different but the average immunity, or immunity over time, is likely to remain about the same.

Not too shabby. :) It's a very small sample size which sucks, there could be more variation as it expands, but it's a very promising first result and shows that the vaccine does still effect the new strain, even if it effects it slightly differently. It also gives us a datapoint to reference against against future strains and mutations.

Looks like Hank Aaron took one (moderna vaccine) for the team. He’ll be missed.

For saying you're not an anti-vaxxer you sure are posting things from anti-vaxx extremist websites.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Health_Defense
"Children's Health Defense is an American 501c3 nonprofit advocacy organization,[1] known for its anti-vaccine activism. Much of the material put forth by the organization involves misinformation on vaccines and anti-vaccine propaganda.[2] It was founded and is chaired by Robert F. Kennedy Jr.[3] Established under the name World Mercury Project in 2016, it has been campaigning against various public health programs, such as vaccination and fluoridation of drinking water.[4] The group has been contributing to vaccine hesitancy in the United States, encouraging citizens and legislators to support anti-vaccine regulations and legislation.[5][6][7]"

Sounds a lot like exclusively anti-vaccine propaganda that only an anti-vaxxer would aggressively promote to me. Maybe you can find a source that isn't from an anti-vax website? Maybe an official report or peer reviewed study with extreme transparency like the ones you demand from Pfizer?

Last edited:
For saying you're not an anti-vaxxer you sure are posting things from anti-vaxx extremist websites.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Health_Defense
"Children's Health Defense is an American 501c3 nonprofit advocacy organization,[1] known for its anti-vaccine activism. Much of the material put forth by the organization involves misinformation on vaccines and anti-vaccine propaganda.[2] It was founded and is chaired by Robert F. Kennedy Jr.[3] Established under the name World Mercury Project in 2016, it has been campaigning against various public health programs, such as vaccination and fluoridation of drinking water.[4] The group has been contributing to vaccine hesitancy in the United States, encouraging citizens and legislators to support anti-vaccine regulations and legislation.[5][6][7]"

Sounds a lot like exclusively anti-vaccine propaganda that only an anti-vaxxer would aggressively promote to me. Maybe you can find a source that isn't from an anti-vax website? Maybe an official report or peer reviewed study with extreme transparency like the ones you demand from Pfizer?
Are you trying to tell me the Bobby Kennedy’s child, RFK Jr. is some sort of a kook?

I don’t follow him. One of my clients posted it. Why do you feel the need to label me?

Bobby Kennedy was an American hero. Kook or no I will at least hear his sweet baby son out.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200605/lancet-retracts-hydroxychloroquine-study

Hmmm....... How bout that HCQ 'study' now?

Fauci says 'we have plateaud in cases'

The new administration finds mask wearing important enough to mandate all federal lands, employees and activities require masking..... then tours the Lincoln memorial 2 hours later sans masks. If it were truly that important, they'd lead by example. If it truly worked, they'd be wearing their masks.

Suddenly opening up the economy is important.

The person that is responsible for your health is you. Enough with the crap. Find an open minded practitioner to help if you get this virus. Stay safe as you feel required to and quit letting this run your life.

Back
Top Bottom