Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Come on. :p :lau
Having a view is fine. Making assertions that are to the best of my knowledge are misleading and factually incorrect isn't. In this particular case your assertion, if read by someone not particularly well informed who assumes you know what you are talking about because you have presented yourself here as a nurse, is dangerous.

Sorry
I personally knew a person who were not high risk, healthy, but caught covid and died. Never around anyone who was sick, but later were tested and had covid.
Several people I knew have died from covid
I can still count the number of people I personally know tested positive for covid on my hands. I also personally know a couple that have died from it and they were not elderly, some health probs but would still be with us if not for covid. I think that's pretty bad odds, way worse than national average.
I'm pretty sure I have a good immune system hardly ever get sick, and think I may have had covid last Feb but no proof (donated blood few months later to check but showed no antibodies), might have had it last couple weeks but no proof (tested negative).
I'm going to get that vaccine, I ain't scared, they pumped me up with all sorts of shots I had no clue what they were in boot camp. My dad said don't get it not safe... Neither is drinking or smoking or eating bbq red meat all which I love. I sure ain't going to skip a chance at a vaccine I might not need with the thought if I don't maybe covid could kill me. I've seen some not get hardly sick at all, and some die. I'll roll the dice but it'll be with the vaccine.

Don't trust the numbers. The tests are very inaccurate and if you ever test positive in your life and later die from any cause, then its counted as a covid death. This is because hospitals get more money from that.
One of the reasons I don't like the 'ignore button' I think it was BDutch that posted it months ago, I disagreed with it didn't believe it, posted with some shady websites, no way we USA is doing that.. later further analysis found out he was most likely right.
Right now our governor is in hot water for lying about our #s of deaths in nursing homes after his executive order mandate forcing nursing homes to accept covid positive patients. His own staff admitted that he was lying about the #s, way worse than reported.

I finally saw the cardiologist today
I have tachycardia with an adnormal heart beat. He ran some tests and now I wait for the results. I also have an appointment with a post covid clinic next month. I sure hope they can figure out what is going on. I over it! I have so many things going on since having covid I do not wish this on my worst enemy.

Congrats to those who have been able to get the vaccine!
:hugs DH and I get our second vaccine Thursday. I am so sorry you are having these issues. I still mask, although it seems I am a member of a shrinking minority. :( This isn't over yet.

Sorry
I personally knew a person who were not high risk, healthy, but caught covid and died. Never around anyone who was sick, but later were tested and had covid.
Several people I knew have died from covid
Exactly! Friend of mine’s mom is a nurse and they’ve lost several healthy young people during all this including two 21 year old kids that had zero underlying conditions or anything. They had to die alone too cause of the restrictions. It’s definitely NOT just high risk people or old people or whatever else. And it hasn’t been for a while.

Back
Top Bottom