Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Thank you for your honest response @RebeccaRN. I'm still not clear on your response @Winter Creek Coop, I understand you must be concerned about the atrocities committed during the Tuskegee experiment and good for you. However there are more disturbing events in US history that are often forgotten like smallpox blankets, the internment camps for Asian Americans, the Trail of Tears, just to name a few. We could dwell on these atrocities forever, or we can move on and strive to do better. The Tuskegee experiment began in 1932 and sadly resulted in the deaths of 83 people. I understand that a number of our current political leaders are pretty gosh darn old, but I really don't think Mitch McConnell or Joe Biden were around to weigh in on that in 1932. I've been on this earth for nearly 70 years now and I've seen some horrible things in my lifetime. I've also seen some pretty darn amazing things too. What I have learned is that regardless of how smart you are or how strong you are, there's always someone bigger and smarter than you. And dealing with absolutes is risky. Dr. Fauci is a brilliant scientist and I admire his experience and wisdom. It's takes a smarter and wiser person to admit they don't have all the answers especially when dealing with a totally new "species." I'm almost curious, (emphasis on almost) as to your credentials that makes you an expert epidemiologist? Why should I take your word over the CDC and the WHO and start chowing down on parasite poison that clearly has caused serious side effects. Of course these scientists don't know for certain what the long term effects of the Corona virus or the "vaccines" because this is a "Novel" or "new" corona virus that hasn't been around long enough to know this. I worry that less informed people might take your advice and start chomping on their dog's heartworm medication and get seriously ill. Are you willing to be held responsible for that? Just like those poor folks who drank aquarium cleaner on the advice of he who is not to be named. Many on this thread have been seriously impacted by Covid-19. Many of those folks are in states where the population density is much higher than those in states like Oklahoma. The population density in Oklahoma is just under 55 people per square mile. In Massachusetts it's nearly 885 people per square mile. So for a contagious disease their chance for a long lifespan would be hanging out where the most available hosts are. So it's easy to understand why you haven't seen all that many cases of Covid-19 @RebeccaRN, leading you to feel that it's not that big of a deal. Maybe not so much in your state, but for many of us it is a big deal. And congratulations on your good health @nikkers390. You are fortunate to be living a healthy long life, I wish you many more years. However, there are lesser beings like myself who are not so fortunate. I have a few health issues that makes me a target for not surviving the corona virus. Likely due to an ill spent youth (aka the 70's). I have learned since my first heart attack to trust science and my doctor. Although doctors and scientists are human and they do make mistakes at times, all in all they know more than me and I know I'm pretty darn smart. I was thrilled to get my vaccine. Yes there can be side effects but the alternative, dying alone with only the company of the medical professional on duty at the time and a ventilator forcing air down your airway, it was an easy choice for me. Sorry if my post has offended anyone, that was not my intent. Just trying to inject a little unsolicited sanity into this discussion. Party on! :woot

Thank you for your honest response @RebeccaRN. I'm still not clear on your response @Winter Creek Coop, I understand you must be concerned about the atrocities committed during the Tuskegee experiment and good for you. However there are more disturbing events in US history that are often forgotten like smallpox blankets, the internment camps for Asian Americans, the Trail of Tears, just to name a few. We could dwell on these atrocities forever, or we can move on and strive to do better. The Tuskegee experiment began in 1932 and sadly resulted in the deaths of 83 people. I understand that a number of our current political leaders are pretty gosh darn old, but I really don't think Mitch McConnell or Joe Biden were around to weigh in on that in 1932. I've been on this earth for nearly 70 years now and I've seen some horrible things in my lifetime. I've also seen some pretty darn amazing things too. What I have learned is that regardless of how smart you are or how strong you are, there's always someone bigger and smarter than you. And dealing with absolutes is risky. Dr. Fauci is a brilliant scientist and I admire his experience and wisdom. It's takes a smarter and wiser person to admit they don't have all the answers especially when dealing with a totally new "species." I'm almost curious, (emphasis on almost) as to your credentials that makes you an expert epidemiologist? Why should I take your word over the CDC and the WHO and start chowing down on parasite poison that clearly has caused serious side effects. Of course these scientists don't know for certain what the long term effects of the Corona virus or the "vaccines" because this is a "Novel" or "new" corona virus that hasn't been around long enough to know this. I worry that less informed people might take your advice and start chomping on their dog's heartworm medication and get seriously ill. Are you willing to be held responsible for that? Just like those poor folks who drank aquarium cleaner on the advice of he who is not to be named. Many on this thread have been seriously impacted by Covid-19. Many of those folks are in states where the population density is much higher than those in states like Oklahoma. The population density in Oklahoma is just under 55 people per square mile. In Massachusetts it's nearly 885 people per square mile. So for a contagious disease their chance for a long lifespan would be hanging out where the most available hosts are. So it's easy to understand why you haven't seen all that many cases of Covid-19 @RebeccaRN, leading you to feel that it's not that big of a deal. Maybe not so much in your state, but for many of us it is a big deal. And congratulations on your good health @nikkers390. You are fortunate to be living a healthy long life, I wish you many more years. However, there are lesser beings like myself who are not so fortunate. I have a few health issues that makes me a target for not surviving the corona virus. Likely due to an ill spent youth (aka the 70's). I have learned since my first heart attack to trust science and my doctor. Although doctors and scientists are human and they do make mistakes at times, all in all they know more than me and I know I'm pretty darn smart. I was thrilled to get my vaccine. Yes there can be side effects but the alternative, dying alone with only the company of the medical professional on duty at the time and a ventilator forcing air down your airway, it was an easy choice for me. Sorry if my post has offended anyone, that was not my intent. Just trying to inject a little unsolicited sanity into this discussion. Party on! :woot
Thats why I have said all along, take the vaccine if you feel you need it, but please don't try to force or shame others who feel they don't

P.S. The Tuskegee experiment started in 1932 and ran for 40 years - 1932 + 40 = 1972. Mitch didn't go to Washington until 1985. There was a positive outcome out of this tragic experiment. That being ethical research methods were developed. The first rule of research: is to do no harm.

P.S. The Tuskegee experiment started in 1932 and ran for 40 years - 1932 + 40 = 1972. Mitch didn't go to Washington until 1985. There was a positive outcome out of this tragic experiment. That being ethical research methods were developed. The first rule of research: is to do no harm.

I wasn’t saying the actual guys in office are the same, but many of the same families and power structures are still in place. Like the Bush, Kennedy, Rockefeller, Taft, Udall, DuPont, Daley families for example. Look into these multigenerational power structures and you may understand my point.

Thats why I have said all along, take the vaccine if you feel you need it, but please don't try to force or shame others who feel they don't
I have to ask what specifically about this discussion has given you the impression you are being shamed for your decision not to get the vaccine. As I stated previously I have little interest in changing your mind or your own personal healthcare decisions, my interest goes only as far giving all the facts related to the blatant misinformation, biased reporting, and sensationalism that continues to pop up again and again in this thread. Time and time again these arguments have been countered with information from the same exact sources you’ve used, and referring to this as shaming, censoring, or silencing your views is quite an exaggeration.

That being said, in my opinion purposely and knowingly spreading false information is indeed something to be ashamed of.

That being said, in my opinion purposely and knowingly spreading false information is indeed something to be ashamed of.
Unfortunately every day people on both sides think the other side is spreading false information. Each side believes the info they get from their sources is correct. Usually there's 2 sides to a story... the truth is the 3rd side in-between.
That said, I get my first shot Tuesday.

I agree with Molpet to some extent, but there are facts that have been shared on this thread and facts do not have a bias. Facts are true, by definition.
Unfortunately or fortunately... the more is learned the more facts change. But it's frustrating...

Back
Top Bottom